Harlequin Display Rock Solid - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Harlequin Display Rock Solid - Sinclair ; The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone has passed it's video display test! A number of loading screens were blown into an EPROM and substituted for the video memory... the display picture is clean, sharp and bright! A few modification have since ...

  1. Harlequin Display Rock Solid

    The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone has passed it's video display test!

    A number of loading screens were blown into an EPROM and substituted
    for the video memory... the display picture is clean, sharp and
    bright!

    A few modification have since been made to the video byte fetch to
    accurately emulate the ULA so that the floating bus works as expected.

    Full details here:
    http://www.nfluid.com/specDesign/fir...nPicture.shtml

    The Z80, ROM and RAM interface is currently being designed and
    prototyped ...
    More news when I have it.

    Kind regards,
    Chris

  2. Re: Harlequin Display Rock Solid

    In article csmith says...

    >The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone has passed it's video display test!

    Wow.. the level of detail on the project is very good. Makes a great
    read, good stuff !

    The breadboarding is spectacular. Reminds me of this project
    http://www.leopardcats.com/bbpokey/b...ey_project.htm

    Personally I like taking a CPLD approach for the ULA, a lot less
    wiring.

    - James

    --
    ------------------------------
    JrokLand http://www.jrok.com

  3. Re: Harlequin Display Rock Solid

    On 8 Mag, 15:27, csmith wrote:
    > The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone has passed it's video display test!
    >
    > A number of loading screens were blown into an EPROM and substituted
    > for the video memory... the display picture is clean, sharp and
    > bright!
    >
    > A few modification have since been made to the video byte fetch to
    > accurately emulate the ULA so that the floating bus works as expected.
    >
    > Full details here:http://www.nfluid.com/specDesign/fir...nPicture.shtml
    >
    > The Z80, ROM and RAM interface is currently being designed and
    > prototyped ...
    > More news when I have it.

    Absolutely HUGE.
    I'm thinking about SpeccyBob (just because I most surely have all the
    necessary at home) and Badaloc. BUT: your project is really
    interesting, keep on working!

    Mentore

+ Reply to Thread