The ATARI 800 is crap!!! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on The ATARI 800 is crap!!! - Sinclair ; It's time for Commodore and Sinclair users to finally unite and bash the ATARI 800 computer, a real piece of computer garbage. The C64, the VC20, the Plus 4 are vastly superior to the mediocre ATARI system and its mediocre ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

  1. The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    It's time for Commodore and Sinclair users to finally
    unite and bash the ATARI 800 computer, a real
    piece of computer garbage.

    The C64, the VC20, the Plus 4 are vastly superior to
    the mediocre ATARI system and its mediocre games
    that look worse than the average C64 type-in listing.

    Even the Spectrum is far more powerful than the ATARI
    and the Spectrum users finally need a system to bash
    and the ATARI 800 is perfect to be bashed!

    So, please, discuss the crapiness of the ATARI here:

  2. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 00:55:45 -0700, Lucas J. Riesau wrote:

    > It's time for Commodore and Sinclair users to finally
    > unite and bash the ATARI 800 computer, a real
    > piece of computer garbage.
    >
    > The C64, the VC20, the Plus 4 are vastly superior to
    > the mediocre ATARI system and its mediocre games
    > that look worse than the average C64 type-in listing.
    >
    > Even the Spectrum is far more powerful than the ATARI
    > and the Spectrum users finally need a system to bash
    > and the ATARI 800 is perfect to be bashed!
    >
    > So, please, discuss the crapiness of the ATARI here:

    Looks like the Sinclair losers are out of arguments and try to draw off
    the attention from their feeble little door stops.

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

  3. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    On 2007-05-03, BlackJack wrote:

    > Looks like the Sinclair losers are out of arguments and try to draw off
    > the attention from their feeble little door stops.

    The crapness of the Atari 800 is off topic for CSS, whereas the
    crapness of the commode is entirely on-topic. If you're trying to
    create a cross-group flame war, not enough people bought Atari 800s
    for a flame war to really take off.

  4. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    In article <1178178945.789824.56050@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.c om>,
    "Lucas J. Riesau" wrote:

    > It's time for Commodore and Sinclair users to finally
    > unite and bash the ATARI 800 computer, a real
    > piece of computer garbage.
    >
    > The C64, the VC20, the Plus 4 are vastly superior to
    > the mediocre ATARI system and its mediocre games
    > that look worse than the average C64 type-in listing.
    >
    > Even the Spectrum is far more powerful than the ATARI
    > and the Spectrum users finally need a system to bash
    > and the ATARI 800 is perfect to be bashed!
    >
    > So, please, discuss the crapiness of the ATARI here:

    I have a Atari 800 XE and I kinda like it. They keyboard is a bit
    crappy, but most computers in those days had crappy keyboards.

  5. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    BlackJack did eloquently scribble:
    > On Thu, 03 May 2007 00:55:45 -0700, Lucas J. Riesau wrote:

    >> It's time for Commodore and Sinclair users to finally
    >> unite and bash the ATARI 800 computer, a real
    >> piece of computer garbage.
    >>
    >> The C64, the VC20, the Plus 4 are vastly superior to
    >> the mediocre ATARI system and its mediocre games
    >> that look worse than the average C64 type-in listing.
    >>
    >> Even the Spectrum is far more powerful than the ATARI
    >> and the Spectrum users finally need a system to bash
    >> and the ATARI 800 is perfect to be bashed!
    >>
    >> So, please, discuss the crapiness of the ATARI here:

    > Looks like the Sinclair losers are out of arguments and try to draw off
    > the attention from their feeble little door stops.

    Don't point the finger in our direction.
    We've never seen that moron before. (You can check for yourself via google
    groups, I suspect he's one of yours)

    | in |good to you so far... |

  6. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    In article ,
    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > On 2007-05-03, BlackJack wrote:
    >
    > > Looks like the Sinclair losers are out of arguments and try to draw off
    > > the attention from their feeble little door stops.

    > The crapness of the Atari 800 is off topic for CSS, whereas the
    > crapness of the commode is entirely on-topic. If you're trying to
    > create a cross-group flame war, not enough people bought Atari 800s
    > for a flame war to really take off.

    A number of years ago they were on offer in a toystore chain. An Atari
    800 with 10 games included and I bought one.

    Then eBay arrived and I started looking for Atari 800 games. Funny
    enough only those 10 games kept getting listed. So I guess a lot of
    people bought this Atari 800 + 10 games set.

  7. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    On 2007-05-03, Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:

    > Then eBay arrived and I started looking for Atari 800 games. Funny
    > enough only those 10 games kept getting listed. So I guess a lot of
    > people bought this Atari 800 + 10 games set.

    I think I actually have one in the loft somewhere, I've got at least
    two Atari 8-bitters and a few STs, I never owned the 8-bitters when I
    were a lad (I had a speccy) but I owned an ST -- for 6 months before
    realising it was **** compared to the Amiga and dumped it for half the
    price I bought it for! The amiga lasted 1 year before being dumped
    for an Acorn Archimedes, which was the best home computer *ever*, and
    one I used for 7 years before Linux came along.

    Every computer company I've ever dumped has hit the buffers soon after
    I've jumped ship, see how the world follows my every whim ;-)

  8. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    In article ,
    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > > Then eBay arrived and I started looking for Atari 800 games. Funny
    > > enough only those 10 games kept getting listed. So I guess a lot of
    > > people bought this Atari 800 + 10 games set.

    > I think I actually have one in the loft somewhere, I've got at least
    > two Atari 8-bitters and a few STs, I never owned the 8-bitters when I
    > were a lad (I had a speccy) but I owned an ST -- for 6 months before
    > realising it was **** compared to the Amiga and dumped it for half the
    > price I bought it for! The amiga lasted 1 year before being dumped
    > for an Acorn Archimedes, which was the best home computer *ever*, and
    > one I used for 7 years before Linux came along.
    >
    > Every computer company I've ever dumped has hit the buffers soon after
    > I've jumped ship, see how the world follows my every whim ;-)

    I had the same experience with my C64 when I bought an Amiga. I used my
    C64 every day and thought I'd do so after getting my Amiga, but I didn't
    and soon after they stopped producing it! Same for the Zzap! 64 mag., I
    think they quit just after I stopped buying it.

    Hell, we should go on the stock market with this kind of timing!

  9. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    On 2007-05-03, Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:

    > Hell, we should go on the stock market with this kind of timing!

    Well, you invest in Commodore or Amiga Inc, and I'll invest in
    whatever Clive Sinclair is doing these days ;-)

  10. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    Yes, I agree. The C64 version of Rescue on Fractalus and Ballblazer are
    superior to the Atari's smoother moving ones.

    One thing the C64 has, it's sprites. The PM's on the Atari is good for some
    stuff, but has it's limitations. And the C64 has one music piece that I
    enjoyed, even though the SID chip is supposed to be so great, I really like
    what for example Rob Hubbard did on Jet Set Willy, Warhawk, International
    Karate. Excellent work.

    Colors? Where's the shades on the C64? Hmmm. Vastly superior, okay.

    "Lucas J. Riesau" skrev i melding
    news:1178178945.789824.56050@e65g2000hsc.googlegro ups.com...
    > It's time for Commodore and Sinclair users to finally
    > unite and bash the ATARI 800 computer, a real
    > piece of computer garbage.
    >
    > The C64, the VC20, the Plus 4 are vastly superior to
    > the mediocre ATARI system and its mediocre games
    > that look worse than the average C64 type-in listing.
    >
    > Even the Spectrum is far more powerful than the ATARI
    > and the Spectrum users finally need a system to bash
    > and the ATARI 800 is perfect to be bashed!
    >
    > So, please, discuss the crapiness of the ATARI here:

  11. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    In article ,
    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > On 2007-05-03, Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:
    >
    > > Hell, we should go on the stock market with this kind of timing!

    > Well, you invest in Commodore or Amiga Inc, and I'll invest in
    > whatever Clive Sinclair is doing these days ;-)

    What is He doing?

  12. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    On 2007-05-03, Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:

    > What is He doing?

    Sinclair these days make funny bikes, water scooters, small radios,
    some consultancy and not much else I don't think, other than living in
    luxury in Trafalgar Square and bonking like a rabbit.

    Commodore and Amiga are just names now, sold from one dreamer to
    another on a regular basis for a packet of rolos and 75p.

  13. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    In article ,
    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > On 2007-05-03, Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:
    >
    > > What is He doing?

    > Sinclair these days make funny bikes, water scooters, small radios,
    > some consultancy and not much else I don't think, other than living in
    > luxury in Trafalgar Square and bonking like a rabbit.

    I heard that's not the real Clive. The real Clive died when doing
    audition for becomming the 6th Beattle. He was replaced by his evil twin
    brother.

    > Commodore and Amiga are just names now, sold from one dreamer to
    > another on a regular basis for a packet of rolos and 75p.

    Same could be said for God, Jezus and the Holy Poltergeist and look
    where that went!

    --
    Etienne von Wettingfeld

  14. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    On 2007-05-03, Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:

    > I heard that's not the real Clive. The real Clive died when doing
    > audition for becomming the 6th Beattle. He was replaced by his evil twin
    > brother.

    You might be thinking of Ian and Duncan Smith, the twins who entered
    british politics. One of them managed to get to be leader of the
    Conservative party, although it's not sure which one it was.

    > Same could be said for God, Jezus and the Holy Poltergeist and look
    > where that went!

    Well, I saw a posting in a newsgroup saying that allah is the one true
    god, it's getting a bit crowded in the heavens with all the one true
    gods that are knocking about, but if it was in a newsgroup then it
    must be true.

  15. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    Etienne von Wettingfeld did eloquently scribble:
    > In article ,
    > Ian Rawlings wrote:

    >> On 2007-05-03, Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hell, we should go on the stock market with this kind of timing!

    >> Well, you invest in Commodore or Amiga Inc, and I'll invest in
    >> whatever Clive Sinclair is doing these days ;-)

    > What is He doing?

    pushbikes and earplug radios, mainly.

  16. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    Etienne von Wettingfeld did eloquently scribble:
    > In article ,
    > Ian Rawlings wrote:

    >> On 2007-05-03, Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:
    >>
    >> > What is He doing?

    >> Sinclair these days make funny bikes, water scooters, small radios,
    >> some consultancy and not much else I don't think, other than living in
    >> luxury in Trafalgar Square and bonking like a rabbit.

    > I heard that's not the real Clive. The real Clive died when doing
    > audition for becomming the 6th Beattle. He was replaced by his evil twin
    > brother.

    So, it's his evil twin brother who came up with the sinclair research range
    of computers?

    Not evil in my book then. Maybe the real clive was the evil twin and his
    good twin took over.
    :-p

  17. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    On 2007-05-03, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > So, it's his evil twin brother who came up with the sinclair research range
    > of computers?

    No, the evil twin came up with the C5 and the PC200!

  18. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-05-03, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> So, it's his evil twin brother who came up with the sinclair research range
    >> of computers?

    > No, the evil twin came up with the C5 and the PC200!

    But the PC200 had nothing to do with Clive, that was Alan!
    Besides, he did say 6th beatle and they broke up long before the zx80.

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  19. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    On 2007-05-03, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > But the PC200 had nothing to do with Clive, that was Alan!

    Shave off Sugar's hair, trim his beard, make him lose weight, remodel
    his skull and give him an education and it's obvious that he's the
    evil twin Sinclair in disguise!

    > Besides, he did say 6th beatle and they broke up long before the zx80.

    The Beatles have broken up??? *blubber*

  20. Re: The ATARI 800 is crap!!!

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-05-03, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> But the PC200 had nothing to do with Clive, that was Alan!

    > Shave off Sugar's hair, trim his beard, make him lose weight, remodel
    > his skull and give him an education and it's obvious that he's the
    > evil twin Sinclair in disguise!

    >> Besides, he did say 6th beatle and they broke up long before the zx80.
    >>

    > The Beatles have broken up??? *blubber*

    Worse I'm afraid.
    You missed the news... 2 of them are dead, one of them reads thomas the tank
    engine stories and the other one formed "wings" with his late wife linda
    (who couldn't hold a tune in a bucket) and hasn't been heard from much in
    the past few years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast