Plus 2 cassette drive belt - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Plus 2 cassette drive belt - Sinclair ; Hi, I am in the US and need the main cassette drive belt for my Plus 2, anyone know where I could get one? I would like to get the clutch belt also but the main belt is the one ...

  1. Plus 2 cassette drive belt

    Hi,
    I am in the US and need the main cassette drive belt for my Plus 2,
    anyone know where I could get one? I would like to get the clutch belt
    also but the main belt is the one with the rubber band!

  2. Re: Plus 2 cassette drive belt

    I don't know about the clutch, but I know some UK component suppliers like
    CPC do kits of assorted belts and I believe it is one of those that I've
    heard used, as the mechanism is pretty standard as per cheap tape recorders
    of the time.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Webster" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am in the US and need the main cassette drive belt for my Plus 2, anyone
    > know where I could get one? I would like to get the clutch belt also but
    > the main belt is the one with the rubber band!

  3. Re: Plus 2 cassette drive belt

    Webster wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am in the US and need the main cassette drive belt for my Plus 2,
    > anyone know where I could get one? I would like to get the clutch belt
    > also but the main belt is the one with the rubber band!

    There's an ebay seller called Dataserve Retro (or something similar)
    selling them for UKP 2.75 plus postage. I don't think they'd cost too
    much to post to the States.

    --
    Alex Taylor

+ Reply to Thread