Yet another spectrum AT keyboard interface ! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Yet another spectrum AT keyboard interface ! - Sinclair ; A little behind for the anniversary, but here's my version of an AT keyboard I/F for the speccy. It would have been nice to have one of these 25 years ago Full source, schematics and pcb layout are provided. http://jrok.com./project/speckey/spec_key.html ...

  1. Yet another spectrum AT keyboard interface !

    A little behind for the anniversary, but here's my version of
    an AT keyboard I/F for the speccy. It would have been nice to
    have one of these 25 years ago

    Full source, schematics and pcb layout are provided.
    http://jrok.com./project/speckey/spec_key.html

    - James

    --
    ------------------------------
    JrokLand http://www.jrok.com

  2. Re: Yet another spectrum AT keyboard interface !

    > http://jrok.com./project/speckey/spec_key.html

    James,
    that is an exceptionally neat looking board. Thanks for sharing and
    making the design open. Hopefully somebody will put it into
    production.

    --
    Geoff.

  3. Re: Yet another spectrum AT keyboard interface !

    On May 1, 11:27 pm, jrok wrote:
    > A little behind for the anniversary, but here's my version of
    > an AT keyboard I/F for the speccy. It would have been nice to
    > have one of these 25 years ago
    >
    > Full source, schematics and pcb layout are provided.http://jrok.com./project/speckey/spec_key.html
    >
    > - James
    >
    > --
    > ------------------------------
    > JrokLandhttp://www.jrok.com
    > ------------------------------

    Very interesting James, I see no reason why this could not also be
    used on the ZX81 / TS1000/TS1500 since the keyboard read / expansion
    bus is the same as the Spectrum.

    Bill H

  4. Re: Yet another spectrum AT keyboard interface !

    jrok escribió:
    > A little behind for the anniversary, but here's my version of
    > an AT keyboard I/F for the speccy. It would have been nice to

    And here's mine, released last September. It fits inside the Spectrum+
    cabinet and it is designed to replace the internal keyboard membrane
    (which it's very likely to be damaged these days). It's the smallest
    design I have seen for this type of interface, yet being easy to build.

    Of course, it can deal and respond accordly to any combination of A8-A15
    for reading weird combinations.

    http://www.atc.us.es/~rodriguj/interface_ps2_speccy

  5. Re: Yet another spectrum AT keyboard interface !

    jrok wrote:
    > A little behind for the anniversary, but here's my version of
    > an AT keyboard I/F for the speccy. It would have been nice to
    > have one of these 25 years ago
    >
    > Full source, schematics and pcb layout are provided.
    > http://jrok.com./project/speckey/spec_key.html

    Very cool! You can lose the jumper wire by routing the trace from the
    cap under the connector to pin 8 of the CPU... .

    But other than that, perfect!

    Matthias

  6. Re: Yet another spectrum AT keyboard interface !

    jrok wrote in news:f190e402lrr@drn.newsguy.com:

    > A little behind for the anniversary, but here's my version of
    > an AT keyboard I/F for the speccy. It would have been nice to
    > have one of these 25 years ago
    >
    > Full source, schematics and pcb layout are provided.
    > http://jrok.com./project/speckey/spec_key.html

    That's kinda similar to the more general purpose one I made, which basically
    consisted of an Atmega16/32 and a Zarlink MT8816 crosspoint switch, so it
    could pretty much emulate any keyboard matrix of up to 16x8, it's been
    tested with the Dragon 32/64 and Tandy CoCo, but there is no reason why it
    would not work with any of the Sinclair machines.

    Cheers.

    Phill.

+ Reply to Thread