Re: NuLabour brain simulated on computer - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: NuLabour brain simulated on computer - Sinclair ; On 29 Apr, 20:51, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" wrote: > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6600965.stm > Computing power has at last achieved the intellect of a NuLabourite. > Regards Mike. [Cross-post added] No, that happened a quarter of a century ago: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6572711.stm Would anyone ...

  1. Re: NuLabour brain simulated on computer

    On 29 Apr, 20:51, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" wrote:
    > Computing power has at last achieved the intellect of a NuLabourite.
    > Regards Mike.

    [Cross-post added]

    No, that happened a quarter of a century ago:

    Would anyone like to write, in Sinclair BASIC, a simulation of the
    NuLabourite thought process?

    Prize for the best one: a packet of Walkers Salt 'n' Vinegar crisps
    (that I've sat on, to squeeze it down to 5mm thickness and save on
    postage.)

  2. Re: NuLabour brain simulated on computer

    Methinks that an entry for CSS 2007 Crap Game Compo has just been born.....

    Adios,
    Matt

    ajmoss_throwaway_account_001@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    > On 29 Apr, 20:51, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" wrote:
    >> Computing power has at last achieved the intellect of a NuLabourite.
    >> Regards Mike.

    > [Cross-post added]
    >
    > No, that happened a quarter of a century ago:
    >
    > Would anyone like to write, in Sinclair BASIC, a simulation of the
    > NuLabourite thought process?
    >
    > Prize for the best one: a packet of Walkers Salt 'n' Vinegar crisps
    > (that I've sat on, to squeeze it down to 5mm thickness and save on
    > postage.)

  3. Re: NuLabour brain simulated on computer

    On Tue, 01 May 2007 06:54:08 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matthew Pimm:

    > Methinks that an entry for CSS 2007 Crap Game Compo has just been born.....

    Thank God for that. I was expecting somebody to turn up with a
    Spectrum version of Gigatron 5000:

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  4. Re: NuLabour brain simulated on computer

    > Would anyone like to write, in Sinclair BASIC, a simulation of the
    > NuLabourite thought process?

    It would sure give the PAUSE command a workout.

    PRINT "and is saying to people" : PAUSE 200 : PRINT "particularly
    impressionable people" : PAUSE 150 : PRINT "and we know" : PAUSE 250 :
    PAUSE 50 : PRINT "look" : PAUSE 120 : PRINT "that this is a modern
    phenomenon that we have" : PAUSE 200 : PRINT "within 45 minutes..." :
    REM flail hands.

  5. Re: NuLabour brain simulated on computer

    ajmoss_throwaway_account_001@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    > On 29 Apr, 20:51, "Mike Cawood, HND BIT" wrote:
    >> Computing power has at last achieved the intellect of a NuLabourite.
    >> Regards Mike.

    > [Cross-post added]
    >
    > No, that happened a quarter of a century ago:
    >
    > Would anyone like to write, in Sinclair BASIC, a simulation of the
    > NuLabourite thought process?

    2007 GO TO 1982

  6. Re: NuLabour brain simulated on computer

    ajmoss_throwaway_account_001@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

    > Would anyone like to write, in Sinclair BASIC, a simulation of the
    > NuLabourite thought process?
    >
    > Prize for the best one: a packet of Walkers Salt 'n' Vinegar crisps
    > (that I've sat on, to squeeze it down to 5mm thickness and save on
    > postage.)

    Dead easy. Take Chris's "Sun Copyright Hero" and change the dictionary
    to include guff like "targetted", "inclusion", and "respect". Job's a
    good 'un.

    http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co...copyright+hero

    --
    Duncan Snowden.