Jet Set Willy: Online - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Jet Set Willy: Online - Sinclair ; Thought I'd mention this, since it hasn't come up here before: http://jsw.ovine.net/ It's a multi-player Internet JSW for Windows where you connect to a public server and play various games like British bulldog, capture the flag, races to a certain ...

  1. Jet Set Willy: Online

    Thought I'd mention this, since it hasn't come up here before:
    http://jsw.ovine.net/

    It's a multi-player Internet JSW for Windows where you connect to a
    public server and play various games like British bulldog, capture the
    flag, races to a certain room, and assault courses. The game physics
    is slightly off in places, and the (extended) map is rather too big if
    you only have two or three players, but it's good clean fun.

    I'll be around sometimes as "Eq", and when I create my own temporary
    server it will probably be called "Quirkafleeg".

    Eq.

  2. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    Paul E Collins did eloquently scribble:
    > Thought I'd mention this, since it hasn't come up here before:
    > http://jsw.ovine.net/

    > It's a multi-player Internet JSW for Windows where you connect to a
    > public server and play various games like British bulldog, capture the
    > flag, races to a certain room, and assault courses. The game physics
    > is slightly off in places, and the (extended) map is rather too big if
    > you only have two or three players, but it's good clean fun.

    > I'll be around sometimes as "Eq", and when I create my own temporary
    > server it will probably be called "Quirkafleeg".

    When's the linux port coming?
    :-p

  3. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Paul E Collins did eloquently scribble:
    >> Thought I'd mention this, since it hasn't come up here before:
    >> http://jsw.ovine.net/

    >> It's a multi-player Internet JSW for Windows where you connect to a
    >> public server and play various games like British bulldog, capture the
    >> flag, races to a certain room, and assault courses. The game physics
    >> is slightly off in places, and the (extended) map is rather too big if
    >> you only have two or three players, but it's good clean fun.

    >> I'll be around sometimes as "Eq", and when I create my own temporary
    >> server it will probably be called "Quirkafleeg".

    > When's the linux port coming?
    > :-p

    Obsolete question. Get VMWare installed and dig out that old Win95/98/etc
    CD. Then you can have the best of both worlds.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/

  4. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    Nick Humphries did eloquently scribble:
    > On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Paul E Collins did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Thought I'd mention this, since it hasn't come up here before:
    >>> http://jsw.ovine.net/

    >>> It's a multi-player Internet JSW for Windows where you connect to a
    >>> public server and play various games like British bulldog, capture the
    >>> flag, races to a certain room, and assault courses. The game physics
    >>> is slightly off in places, and the (extended) map is rather too big if
    >>> you only have two or three players, but it's good clean fun.

    >>> I'll be around sometimes as "Eq", and when I create my own temporary
    >>> server it will probably be called "Quirkafleeg".

    >> When's the linux port coming?
    >> :-p

    > Obsolete question. Get VMWare installed and dig out that old Win95/98/etc
    > CD. Then you can have the best of both worlds.

    Are you recommending the heinous crime of.... software piracy?
    I would *NEVER* consider such a thing.

    *looks up at halo... bit wonky... reaches up and straighens it*
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  5. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Nick Humphries did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> When's the linux port coming?
    >>> :-p

    >> Obsolete question. Get VMWare installed and dig out that old Win95/98/etc
    >> CD. Then you can have the best of both worlds.

    > Are you recommending the heinous crime of.... software piracy?
    > I would *NEVER* consider such a thing.
    >
    > *looks up at halo... bit wonky... reaches up and straighens it*

    Not this time around - it's trivial to beg, buy or borrow someone's old
    Windows CD as there are so many around these days.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/
    YSRnRY documentary (1988 OUT NOW!) http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/tvprog/
    The Tipshop http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/
    ZX Video and WWW Alerts http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsscheck.pl

  6. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    On 2007-04-26, Nick Humphries wrote:

    > Not this time around - it's trivial to beg, buy or borrow someone's old
    > Windows CD as there are so many around these days.

    He's right you know ;-)

  7. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    Nick Humphries wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> When's the linux port coming?
    >> :-p

    > Obsolete question. Get VMWare installed and dig out that old
    > Win95/98/etc CD.

    How d'you know he's running Linux on x86? I'm running it on PPC

  8. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    "Paul E Collins" wrote in message
    > Thought I'd mention this, since it hasn't come up here before:
    > http://jsw.ovine.net/
    >
    > It's a multi-player Internet JSW for Windows where you connect to a public
    > server and play various games like British bulldog, capture the flag,
    > races to a certain room, and assault courses. The game physics is slightly
    > off in places, and the (extended) map is rather too big if you only have
    > two or three players, but it's good clean fun.
    >
    > I'll be around sometimes as "Eq", and when I create my own temporary
    > server it will probably be called "Quirkafleeg".
    >
    > Eq.

    :-D

    Nice, Pity I had to quite to go to bed... still trying to shut down computer
    without reloading... Nope failed

    Niall

  9. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    Is it true that with the power of the grey pound and the age Willy is by
    now, that a new geriatric version is in development called Wetseat Willy and
    the incontinence pants?

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Niall Wallace" wrote in message
    > "Paul E Collins" wrote in message
    >> Thought I'd mention this, since it hasn't come up here before:
    >> http://jsw.ovine.net/
    >>
    >> It's a multi-player Internet JSW for Windows where you connect to a
    >> public server and play various games like British bulldog, capture the
    >> flag, races to a certain room, and assault courses. The game physics is
    >> slightly off in places, and the (extended) map is rather too big if you
    >> only have two or three players, but it's good clean fun.
    >>
    >> I'll be around sometimes as "Eq", and when I create my own temporary
    >> server it will probably be called "Quirkafleeg".
    >>
    >> Eq.

    > :-D
    >
    > Nice, Pity I had to quite to go to bed... still trying to shut down
    > computer without reloading... Nope failed
    >
    > Niall

  10. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:27:04 GMT, "Brian Gaff"
    wrote:

    >Is it true that with the power of the grey pound and the age Willy is by
    >now, that a new geriatric version is in development called Wetseat Willy and
    >the incontinence pants?
    >
    >Brian

    Willy? Pants? Ooer!

  11. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    Lister did eloquently scribble:
    > On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:27:04 GMT, "Brian Gaff"
    > wrote:

    >>Is it true that with the power of the grey pound and the age Willy is by
    >>now, that a new geriatric version is in development called Wetseat Willy and
    >>the incontinence pants?
    >>
    >>Brian

    > Willy? Pants? Ooer!

    Lister. Read the post... Read the post again...
    Then read the post another few times...
    THEN, and only then, consider if it's REALLY worth responding with an
    oo-err.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  12. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:46:35 GMT, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:27:04 GMT, "Brian Gaff"
    >> wrote:

    >>>Is it true that with the power of the grey pound and the age Willy is by
    >>>now, that a new geriatric version is in development called Wetseat Willy and
    >>>the incontinence pants?
    >>>
    >>>Brian

    >> Willy? Pants? Ooer!

    >Lister. Read the post... Read the post again...
    >Then read the post another few times...
    >THEN, and only then, consider if it's REALLY worth responding with an
    >oo-err.

    Would it have warranted a f'nar, d'you think?

  13. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >>Lister. Read the post... Read the post again...
    >>Then read the post another few times...
    >>THEN, and only then, consider if it's REALLY worth responding with an
    >>oo-err.

    > Would it have warranted a f'nar, d'you think?

    Oo-errs and f'nars are for posts in which the double entendre is
    unintentioned or non-obvious.

    Not for a joke where the entire basis is "wetseat willy and the incontinent
    pants". Ooerring and f'naring that only ruins the joke by totally deflating
    it.

    | in |good to you so far... |

  14. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    On 2007-04-27, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Not for a joke where the entire basis is "wetseat willy and the incontinent
    > pants". Ooerring and f'naring that only ruins the joke by totally deflating
    > it.

    You don't want to deflate incontinence pants, you'll break the seal,
    which results in... trouble.

  15. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-04-27, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Not for a joke where the entire basis is "wetseat willy and the incontinent
    >> pants". Ooerring and f'naring that only ruins the joke by totally deflating
    >> it.

    > You don't want to deflate incontinence pants, you'll break the seal,
    > which results in... trouble.

    Indeed.
    "ooo-errrr" *splooooosh* aaaaargh!
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  16. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    "Brian Gaff" wrote in message
    news:stiYh.7840$Ro3.3227@text.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
    > Is it true that with the power of the grey pound and the age Willy is by
    > now, that a new geriatric version is in development called Wetseat Willy
    > and the incontinence pants?
    >
    > Brian

    And an RPG Version for those who require Screen Readers?

    > Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email.
    > graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them
    > Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

  17. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    On 28 Apr, "Niall Wallace" wrote:
    > "Brian Gaff" wrote in message
    > > Is it true that with the power of the grey pound and the age Willy is by
    > > now, that a new geriatric version is in development called Wetseat Willy
    > > and the incontinence pants?

    > And an RPG Version for those who require Screen Readers?

    Rocket-propelled grenades in the vicinity of incontinence pants are
    ill-advised.

  18. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    Or an adult version of Chuckie Egg where chuckie gets laid?

    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    wrote in message
    news:1177760935.025541.326140@u30g2000hsc.googlegr oups.com...
    > On 28 Apr, "Niall Wallace" wrote:
    >> "Brian Gaff" wrote in message
    >> > Is it true that with the power of the grey pound and the age Willy is
    >> > by
    >> > now, that a new geriatric version is in development called Wetseat
    >> > Willy
    >> > and the incontinence pants?

    >> And an RPG Version for those who require Screen Readers?

    > Rocket-propelled grenades in the vicinity of incontinence pants are
    > ill-advised.

  19. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    --
    Brian Gaff wrote:

    > Or an adult version of Chuckie Egg where chuckie gets laid?

    Slighty OT...ok, quite a way off OT ^_^...there was an "adult" version of
    Frak! where he didn't use a yo-yo to hit the monsters.

  20. Re: Jet Set Willy: Online

    On 2007-04-29, Brian Gaff wrote:

    > Or an adult version of Chuckie Egg where chuckie gets laid?

    Or the gay porn edition when he gets his face covered in white goo?