Crap Games Compo 2007 is go! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Crap Games Compo 2007 is go! - Sinclair ; On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:29:35 +1000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' to MC Fred: > > Hmm, that was easier than expected, except the sound going > > chugga-chugga-chugga constantly. I'll play around with it some more > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Crap Games Compo 2007 is go!

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:29:35 +1000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Fred:

    > > Hmm, that was easier than expected, except the sound going
    > > chugga-chugga-chugga constantly. I'll play around with it some more
    > > tomorrow, maybe recompile with a newer SDL build.

    > Interesting! What kind of Amiga hardware do you have?

    AmigaOne G4-XE running OS4. Probably not the answer you were
    expecting. ;-)

    > We could add that support if required, what colour depth
    > are you running? Finally, a tad of frame-skip may also help your cause.

    32-bit. Frame skip not needed, it seems to be running fast enough
    (although I went to bed straight after I compiled it so I haven't
    really tested it yet). This is an 800MHz PPC so I wouldn't expect it
    to struggle to emulate the humble Speccy.

    The sound is also fine, except the extra constant noise.

    > Feel free to come and have a chat at the fuse-emulator-devel mailing
    > list at lists.sourceforge.net if you want a hand getting it as good as
    > can be on your hardware.

    I'll update all my components and have another crack at it. You may
    see me on the list shortly...

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  2. Re: Crap Games Compo 2007 is go!

    On 2007-04-28, Chris Young wrote:

    > AmigaOne G4-XE running OS4. Probably not the answer you were
    > expecting. ;-)

    Tsk, not a real one then! I must dig that old A1200 out of the
    loft... I'd love an old A1000 but they tend to cost a lot!

  3. Re: Crap Games Compo 2007 is go!

    Chris Young wrote:

    > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:29:35 +1000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin' to MC Fred:
    >
    > > > Hmm, that was easier than expected, except the sound going
    > > > chugga-chugga-chugga constantly. I'll play around with it some
    > > > more tomorrow, maybe recompile with a newer SDL build.

    > > Interesting! What kind of Amiga hardware do you have?

    > AmigaOne G4-XE running OS4. Probably not the answer you were
    > expecting. ;-)

    Hi Chris!

    With the 7000 or the 9250 (Ati) Gfx Card?

    (I have undusted an old 060 4000 Amiga recently, fitted in a new Vent,
    shortened the LED-wires a bit that it not reset when touching the front
    case, new Plextor SCSI CD-ROM 6x Caddy of course, silent 1GB Fujitsu
    UDMA to the onboard scsi.device. Unfortunately it's the MK-I version of
    the Cyberstorm, but I'll go on with this.... the Kickstart in the 4000
    is already 32bit Data-BUS, I can live without KickRAM)

    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    P.S.: I wondered how the 4000/060 ran 'Another World' (HD-Version),
    with all 060 feats full on. Seriously that the 'WinUAE' plays 'Another
    World' with 512KB ChipMem, but a real A500+ with 512KB ChipMem don't.
    Tsk, no count on this Emulators today...

  4. Re: Crap Games Compo 2007 is go!

    Daniel Mandic wrote:

    > World' with 512KB ChipMem, but a real A500+ with 512KB ChipMem don't.

    Amiga 500plus (Board Rev. 8a)

    (I thought they were only shipped with 1MB ChipMem....)

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  5. Re: Crap Games Compo 2007 is go!

    On 28 Apr 2007 11:45:07 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Daniel Mandic:

    > With the 7000 or the 9250 (Ati) Gfx Card?

    7000.