ZXF11 now available - Sinclair

This is a discussion on ZXF11 now available - Sinclair ; Cross posted from WoS: To celebrate 25 years of Spectrum computing, ZXF magazine has returned with a special celebratory issue! Before I give you the link, a couple of points: 1) Since Martijn's away this week I'm hosting the file ...

  1. ZXF11 now available

    Cross posted from WoS:

    To celebrate 25 years of Spectrum computing, ZXF magazine has returned with
    a special celebratory issue!

    Before I give you the link, a couple of points:

    1) Since Martijn's away this week I'm hosting the file myself; in
    anticipation of high demand I've used quite high compression to reduce file
    size. It's actually turned out a lot better than I thought it would, but I
    might well upload a higher resolution version to WoS next week.

    2) This edition of ZXF will become available as a printed version (high
    resolution, of course) to buy from www.lulu.com. I'll be uploading this to
    lulu over the next day or so, but I'll want to see a copy of it myself
    before letting anyone buy it (and will let you all know when this is
    possible). Because the printed version will be using a card cover, the
    inside cover is intentionally left blank.

    Download ZXF11 for free here:
    http://zxf.magazine.googlepages.com/ZXF11lo.pdf

    That's it! Enjoy! I'm off to a nice dark place now for a lie down.

    Colin

    --
    ZXF: Download the free Spectrum magazine:
    www.cwood****.co.uk/zxf

  2. Re: ZXF11 now available

    Colin Wood**** wibbled:

    > Cross posted from WoS:
    >
    > To celebrate 25 years of Spectrum computing, ZXF magazine has
    > returned with a special celebratory issue!

    Thanks Colin,

    The layout of ZXF is great - even just the Spectrum "flash" on the
    cover brought memories of Crash flooding back. I really enjoyed the
    content too.

    It's so good that I think I might even splash out on the printed copy
    when it's available... and I'm from Yorkshire[1]

    [1] This is not, repeat *not* a cue to start the Yorkshiremen
    sketch.... although watching Ian Rawlings explode could be fun

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  3. Re: ZXF11 now available

    On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:42:28 +0200 (CEST) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matt Rudge:

    > Colin Wood**** wibbled:
    >
    > > Cross posted from WoS:
    > >
    > > To celebrate 25 years of Spectrum computing, ZXF magazine has
    > > returned with a special celebratory issue!

    Downloaded, haven't read it yet. Actually I had already forgotten I
    had downloaded it.

    > [1] This is not, repeat *not* a cue to start the Yorkshiremen
    > sketch.... although watching Ian Rawlings explode could be fun

    It'll make a mess of the carpets, though.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  4. Re: ZXF11 now available

    > Download ZXF11 for free here:
    > http://zxf.magazine.googlepages.com/ZXF11lo.pdf
    >
    > That's it! Enjoy! I'm off to a nice dark place now for a lie down.
    >
    > Colin

    Hmmm, Internet Explorer downloaded the pdf file but Acrobat Reader didn't
    open so I was unable to view or save the file. Eventually I got an Acrobat
    file I/O timeout message. Any ideas anyone?

    Peter

    anon_peter@yahoo.co.uk

  5. Re: ZXF11 now available

    Chris Young wibbled:

    > On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:42:28 +0200 (CEST) da kidz on
    > comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' to MC Matt Rudge:
    >
    > > [1] This is not, repeat not a cue to start the Yorkshiremen
    > > sketch.... although watching Ian Rawlings explode could be fun

    > It'll make a mess of the carpets, though.

    I'd just use shake'n'vac for the authentic 80's experience.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  6. Re: ZXF11 now available

    On 2007-04-26, Matt Rudge wrote:

    > I'd just use shake'n'vac for the authentic 80's experience.

    Every time I ever tried it the top came off and deposited the whole
    lot on the telly, plus of course I could never get the song right..
    Bloody adverts, it's all lies you know!

  7. Re: ZXF11 now available

    Matt Rudge wrote:

    > [1] This is not, repeat *not* a cue to start the Yorkshiremen
    > sketch.... although watching Ian Rawlings explode could be fun

    Explode? Pah, back in my day we couldn't afford to explode. When our dad
    set fire to us, we'd just fizzle unconvincingly 'cause of t'damp. And we
    were satisfied!

  8. Re: ZXF11 now available

    Matthew Westcott did eloquently scribble:
    > Matt Rudge wrote:

    >> [1] This is not, repeat *not* a cue to start the Yorkshiremen
    >> sketch.... although watching Ian Rawlings explode could be fun

    > Explode? Pah, back in my day we couldn't afford to explode. When our dad
    > set fire to us, we'd just fizzle unconvincingly 'cause of t'damp. And we
    > were satisfied!

    Pah, at least you were warm!
    We 'ad to make do with silently mouldering in the cold and damp and
    suffering from all over athlete's body, hypothermia and wetrot.
    We dreamed of chillblanes, we did.

  9. Re: ZXF11 now available

    On 2007-04-26, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Pah, at least you were warm!

    Stop that, it's silly! Very silly indeed.

    > We 'ad to make do with silently mouldering in the cold and damp and
    > suffering from all over athlete's body, hypothermia and wetrot.
    > We dreamed of chillblanes, we did.

    I have put you down for a bout in the organ donor sketch, enjoy!

  10. Re: ZXF11 now available

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-04-26, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Pah, at least you were warm!

    > Stop that, it's silly! Very silly indeed.

    >> We 'ad to make do with silently mouldering in the cold and damp and
    >> suffering from all over athlete's body, hypothermia and wetrot.
    >> We dreamed of chillblanes, we did.

    > I have put you down for a bout in the organ donor sketch, enjoy!

    Can I have the starter of the galaxy song first please?
    | in |good to you so far... |

  11. Re: ZXF11 now available

    On 2007-04-27, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> I have put you down for a bout in the organ donor sketch, enjoy!

    > Can I have the starter of the galaxy song first please?

    Right! That's it! I have a bowl of fruit nearby, including some
    loganberries, don't push me too far!

  12. Re: ZXF11 now available

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-04-27, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> I have put you down for a bout in the organ donor sketch, enjoy!

    >> Can I have the starter of the galaxy song first please?

    > Right! That's it! I have a bowl of fruit nearby, including some
    > loganberries, don't push me too far!

    if you even reach for those loganberries, I'll get spiney norman on you.

  13. Re: ZXF11 now available

    On 2007-04-27, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > if you even reach for those loganberries, I'll get spiney norman on you.

    And how will you do that with your pelvis screwed to a cakestand and
    your head nailed to the floor?

  14. Re: ZXF11 now available

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-04-27, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> if you even reach for those loganberries, I'll get spiney norman on you.

    > And how will you do that with your pelvis screwed to a cakestand and
    > your head nailed to the floor?

    Dinsdale is terrified of ol' norman! He wouldn't dare nail my head to a
    table with norman standin' by me.

    In the meantime...
    /me grabs a pram he had hidden round the corner, points it at Ian, and says
    "Kill!"
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  15. Re: ZXF11 now available

    On 2007-04-27, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > In the meantime...
    > /me grabs a pram he had hidden round the corner, points it at Ian, and says
    > "Kill!"

    I have my faithful penny farthing to hand, which I may use to bring in
    Prisoner references so be careful.

    Be seeing you.

  16. Re: ZXF11 now available

    > Hmmm, Internet Explorer downloaded the pdf file but Acrobat Reader didn't
    > open so I was unable to view or save the file. Eventually I got an Acrobat
    > file I/O timeout message. Any ideas anyone?

    Sorry Peter... my ISP seems to have suddenly stopped carrying usenet,
    so I couldn't see any of the answers to my post (having to reply now
    using google). I'd give it another try now - not so busy at the
    moment. If you still have problems email me and we'll sort something
    out.

    C.

+ Reply to Thread