Time warp - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Time warp - Sinclair ; I just had a phone call from someone interested in buying a emulator tape interface and I think it was from abroad. I was so shocked i forgot to ask.... So, where is it still written that I sell Speccy ...

  1. Time warp

    I just had a phone call from someone interested in buying a emulator tape
    interface and I think it was from abroad. I was so shocked i forgot to
    ask....

    So, where is it still written that I sell Speccy stuff, and please note...
    I don't any more, sorry!

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

  2. Re: Time warp

    Brian Gaff did eloquently scribble:
    > I just had a phone call from someone interested in buying a emulator tape
    > interface and I think it was from abroad. I was so shocked i forgot to
    > ask....

    > So, where is it still written that I sell Speccy stuff, and please note...
    > I don't any more, sorry!

    Good grief...

    maybe they were reading comp.sys.sinclair on the google archives.

    I did a quick google on "brian gaff" and it seems the sam coupe faq does
    still list you as "supplier of all (um) your sam needs".
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  3. Re: Time warp

    On Apr 23, 10:45 am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > maybe they were reading comp.sys.sinclair on the google archives.

    It's the pelvic thrust that drives them insane. :-)

  4. Re: Time warp

    Well, everyone Sam related should know better, as I went out of my way to
    find them years ago. This is the second time I've been asked about the
    printer port tape interface in about a month, though the last one was an
    email... Worrying.

    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    wrote in message
    > Brian Gaff did eloquently scribble:
    >> I just had a phone call from someone interested in buying a emulator
    >> tape
    >> interface and I think it was from abroad. I was so shocked i forgot to
    >> ask....

    >> So, where is it still written that I sell Speccy stuff, and please
    >> note...
    >> I don't any more, sorry!

    > Good grief...
    >
    > maybe they were reading comp.sys.sinclair on the google archives.
    >
    > I did a quick google on "brian gaff" and it seems the sam coupe faq does
    > still list you as "supplier of all (um) your sam needs".
    > --
    > __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    > | spike1@freenet.co.uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
    > |
    > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|
    > |
    > | in | "I think so brain, but this time, you control
    > |
    > | Computer Science | the Encounter suit, and I'll do the
    > voice..." |

  5. Re: Time warp

    "Brian Gaff" wrote:

    > This is the second time I've been asked about the
    > printer port tape interface in about a month

    This old Spectrum FAQ still lists you as "BG Services":
    http://fms.komkon.org/stuff/spectrum.faq

    Eq.

  6. Re: Time warp

    Well, I have had enough, hopefully it also lists my old demon address which
    is no more.

    Unfortunately, my phonenumber is still the same though.

    "Paul E Collins" wrote in message
    > "Brian Gaff" wrote:
    >
    >> This is the second time I've been asked about the
    >> printer port tape interface in about a month

    > This old Spectrum FAQ still lists you as "BG Services":
    > http://fms.komkon.org/stuff/spectrum.faq
    >
    > Eq.

  7. Re: Time warp

    Brian Gaff did eloquently scribble:
    > Well, I have had enough, hopefully it also lists my old demon address which
    > is no more.

    > Unfortunately, my phonenumber is still the same though.

    Shirley 2 calls in a month saying "I'd like to register z80 and order a
    keyboard membrane" isn't THAT annoying, is it?

    All you need to say is, "Sorry, you need to read an updated FAQ, I've not
    been trading for 5 years, goodbye" *click*

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  8. Re: Time warp

    Yes, I know, I know... Quite why its tape interfaces all of a sudden eludes
    me.

    wrote in message
    newsjc3g4-7gj.ln1@ridcully.ntlworld.com...
    > Brian Gaff did eloquently scribble:
    >> Well, I have had enough, hopefully it also lists my old demon address
    >> which
    >> is no more.

    >> Unfortunately, my phonenumber is still the same though.

    > Shirley 2 calls in a month saying "I'd like to register z80 and order a
    > keyboard membrane" isn't THAT annoying, is it?
    >
    > All you need to say is, "Sorry, you need to read an updated FAQ, I've not
    > been trading for 5 years, goodbye" *click*
    >
    > --
    > __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    > | spike1@freenet.co.uk |
    > |
    > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "The day Microsoft makes something that
    > doesn't |
    > | in | suck is probably the day they start making
    > |
    > | Computer science | vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge

  9. Re: Time warp

    Perhaps tape interfaces are the new "black", as they use to say?

    "Brian Gaff" writes:

    > Quite why its tape interfaces all of a sudden eludes me.

    --
    Anders Carlsson

+ Reply to Thread