A piece of history for the curious - Sinclair

This is a discussion on A piece of history for the curious - Sinclair ; As discovered on World of Spectrum... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250107354606 The drawing board that shaped so many British computers including the ZX Spectrum. It's too big to sneak into my house but Rick still has the original Spectrum model with the triangular cursor ...

  1. A piece of history for the curious

    As discovered on World of Spectrum...

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250107354606

    The drawing board that shaped so many British computers including the
    ZX Spectrum.

    It's too big to sneak into my house but Rick still has the original
    Spectrum model with the triangular cursor keys.
    These and "masses of Sinclair product development images" will appear
    on his website if not Ebay.

    --
    G.

  2. Re: A piece of history for the curious

    > As discovered on World of Spectrum...
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250107354606
    >
    > The drawing board that shaped so many British computers including the
    > ZX Spectrum.

    That board featured in Sinclair User Issue 5, in 1982.

    The really good news, again via WOS, is that it has been acquired by
    the Science Museum in Kensington who will use it as the centre of a ZX
    Spectrum display with drawings and blueprints.

    That should be worth a visit.

  3. Re: A piece of history for the curious

    Geoff Wearmouth wrote:

    >> As discovered on World of Spectrum...
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250107354606
    >>
    >> The drawing board that shaped so many British computers including the
    >> ZX Spectrum.

    > That board featured in Sinclair User Issue 5, in 1982.
    >
    > The really good news, again via WOS, is that it has been acquired by
    > the Science Museum in Kensington who will use it as the centre of a ZX
    > Spectrum display with drawings and blueprints.
    >
    > That should be worth a visit.

    That's terrific. I'd have loved to own a piece of history like that, but
    I barely have room for a Speccy these days. It's good to know that
    Spec-chums for generations to come will be able to go and see it.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

+ Reply to Thread