The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games! - Sinclair ; X-No-Archive:yes The kids love games like Gears of War on the XBOX 360. They love Mortal Kombat. They like Dead Rising. In order to revive the Spectrum as a viable platform on the market, we need to write GORY games ...

  1. The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    X-No-Archive:yes

    The kids love games like Gears of War on the XBOX 360.
    They love Mortal Kombat. They like Dead Rising.

    In order to revive the Spectrum as a viable platform on the
    market, we need to write GORY games for it. The kids
    want to see heads chopped off, bowels-eating monsters,
    lots of blood and liver-eating cannibals.

    That's why I have founded Splattergames Inc.

    Our goal is to write the must brutal games the Spectrum ever
    saw. This will bring publicity and will lead the Spectrum back
    to No.1 in Great Britain!

    Who wants to write gory games for us?

  2. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    Splattergames Inc. did eloquently scribble:
    > X-No-Archive:yes

    So, X-No-Archive: yes eh?
    What waste of space are you? Too scared of having your articles archived so
    they may be used as a reference later?

    > The kids love games like Gears of War on the XBOX 360.
    > They love Mortal Kombat. They like Dead Rising.

    The spectrum doesn't have a resolution capable of anything convincing in
    "Gore" type games.

    > Who wants to write gory games for us?

    Might it not be an idea to write some yourself to prove your committment?
    Rather than getting some muggins with no sense to do all the work for you
    and receive no recompense for his efforts? We've never heard of you here,
    unless....

    You're not in any way related to rocketship or jester are you?

  3. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    From: "Splattergames Inc."
    Newsgroups: comp.sys.sinclair
    Subject: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!
    Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 02:01:34 +0200

    > The kids love games like Gears of War on the XBOX 360.
    > They love Mortal Kombat. They like Dead Rising.

    > In order to revive the Spectrum as a viable platform on the
    > market, we need to write GORY games for it. The kids
    > want to see heads chopped off, bowels-eating monsters,
    > lots of blood and liver-eating cannibals.
    >
    > That's why I have founded Splattergames Inc.
    >
    > Our goal is to write the must brutal games the Spectrum ever
    > saw. This will bring publicity and will lead the Spectrum back
    > to No.1 in Great Britain!
    >
    > Who wants to write gory games for us?

  4. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    Dunny did eloquently scribble:
    > From: "Splattergames Inc."

    I think the X-No-Archive was clue enough, dunny.

  5. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 19 Apr
    2007 00:23:27 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk spike1@freenet.co.uk fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >The spectrum doesn't have a resolution capable of anything convincing in
    >"Gore" type games.

    You've not played Jack the Ripper or The Rats then?

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

  6. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    deKay did eloquently scribble:
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 19 Apr
    > 2007 00:23:27 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    > yawatina tan reek esk spike1@freenet.co.uk fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >>The spectrum doesn't have a resolution capable of anything convincing in
    >>"Gore" type games.

    > You've not played Jack the Ripper or The Rats then?

    Errr... No.
    Take it they were text adventures with graphical "windows" like the hobbit?
    | in |good to you so far... |

  7. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    In news:711kf4-8ue.ln1@ridcully.ntlworld.com,
    spike1@freenet.co.uk typed:

    > Dunny did eloquently scribble:
    >> From: "Splattergames Inc."

    > I think the X-No-Archive was clue enough, dunny.

    I thought he'd accidentally added that to his post, so I wanted to be sure
    that his post was properly archived by google. He'd be very upset if I
    hadn't done that.

    D.

  8. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    Splattergames Inc. wrote:
    > X-No-Archive:yes
    >
    > The kids love games like Gears of War on the XBOX 360.
    > They love Mortal Kombat. They like Dead Rising.
    >
    > In order to revive the Spectrum as a viable platform on the
    > market, we need to write GORY games for it. The kids
    > want to see heads chopped off, bowels-eating monsters,
    > lots of blood and liver-eating cannibals.
    >
    > That's why I have founded Splattergames Inc.
    >
    > Our goal is to write the must brutal games the Spectrum ever
    > saw. This will bring publicity and will lead the Spectrum back
    > to No.1 in Great Britain!
    >
    > Who wants to write gory games for us?

    Go to Hell? Soft and Cuddly?

  9. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    On Apr 18, 6:23 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > > The kids love games like Gears of War on the XBOX 360.
    > > They love Mortal Kombat. They like Dead Rising.

    > The spectrum doesn't have a resolution capable of anything convincing in
    > "Gore" type games.

    But can the XBOX do graphics with red ink AND red paper?
    What about bright red on red? Or flashing red on red? Or
    (shudders) flashing bright red on red? That would the
    bloodiest thing ever.

  10. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    A936@hotmail.com did eloquently scribble:
    > On Apr 18, 6:23 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> > The kids love games like Gears of War on the XBOX 360.
    >> > They love Mortal Kombat. They like Dead Rising.

    >> The spectrum doesn't have a resolution capable of anything convincing in
    >> "Gore" type games.

    > But can the XBOX do graphics with red ink AND red paper?
    > What about bright red on red? Or flashing red on red? Or
    > (shudders) flashing bright red on red? That would the
    > bloodiest thing ever.

    Speccy can't do bright red on red.
    you've got red on red or bright red on bright red.

    | in |good to you so far... |

  11. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    In news:s7skf4-91g.ln1@ridcully.ntlworld.com,
    spike1@freenet.co.uk typed:

    > A936@hotmail.com did eloquently scribble:
    >>>
    >>> The spectrum doesn't have a resolution capable of anything
    >>> convincing in "Gore" type games.

    >> But can the XBOX do graphics with red ink AND red paper?
    >> What about bright red on red? Or flashing red on red? Or
    >> (shudders) flashing bright red on red? That would the
    >> bloodiest thing ever.

    > Speccy can't do bright red on red.
    > you've got red on red or bright red on bright red.

    You need tomato sauce then. Bright red on white bread.

    D.

  12. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 19 Apr
    2007 15:33:36 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk spike1@freenet.co.uk fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >Errr... No.
    >Take it they were text adventures with graphical "windows" like the hobbit?

    Jack the Ripper was the first game to get an 18 certificate. It didn't have
    any graphics. Or swearing, actually. It was all in the gory descriptions.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

  13. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    deKay did eloquently scribble:
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 19 Apr
    > 2007 15:33:36 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    > yawatina tan reek esk spike1@freenet.co.uk fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >>Errr... No.
    >>Take it they were text adventures with graphical "windows" like the hobbit?

    > Jack the Ripper was the first game to get an 18 certificate. It didn't have
    > any graphics. Or swearing, actually. It was all in the gory descriptions.

    Ah, the old "The pictures were better on the radio version" thing.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  14. Re: The Spectrum needs more brutal, gory splatter-games!

    On Apr 19, 1:01 am, "Splattergames Inc."
    wrote:
    > X-No-Archive:yes

    The comp.sys.sinclair newsgroup needs fewer idiots posting to it with
    the "my posts aren't worth reading" header (as above)...

+ Reply to Thread