Re: Gaming terms you invented - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: Gaming terms you invented - Sinclair ; spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote: > My dad called the hawks that followed old locomotives in the 40s > ****e hawks... For obvious "do not use whilst in the station" > reasons. Ach, a ****ehawk is a completely different entity. Plenty of ****ehawks ...

  1. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > My dad called the hawks that followed old locomotives in the 40s
    > ****e hawks... For obvious "do not use whilst in the station"
    > reasons.

    Ach, a ****ehawk is a completely different entity.

    Plenty of ****ehawks around when I was a youngfella. Don't hear about
    them so much any more.

  2. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    fuzzix did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> My dad called the hawks that followed old locomotives in the 40s
    >> ****e hawks... For obvious "do not use whilst in the station"
    >> reasons.

    > Ach, a ****ehawk is a completely different entity.

    > Plenty of ****ehawks around when I was a youngfella. Don't hear about
    > them so much any more.

    I think my anecdote trumps yours on age.

    Or, if your parents/grandparents used the term in the same way, let's just
    chalk it down to regional dialect and move on.

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  3. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Or, if your parents/grandparents used the term in the same way, let's
    > just chalk it down to regional dialect and move on.

    Move on? NEVER!

    Your post actually reminded me that my dad used to say it a lot. Not
    heard it in years. Might drop it into conversation one day... Call the
    dog a ****ehawk when he leaves a steamer[1] in the yard.

    As far as region goes, he's a country lad who moved up to the big shmoke
    in his late teens. I wonder if I can draw a ****ehawk out of the
    relatives next time I'm down there. I know, I'll bring the dog!

    [1] Not a train...

+ Reply to Thread