Re: Gaming terms you invented - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: Gaming terms you invented - Sinclair ; spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote: > fuzzix did eloquently scribble: > >>When playing Half-Life 2 anything that flies at me is dubbed a "**** >>hawk" in homage to Jim Lahey of Sunnyvale Trailer Park. Can't say I >>invented that one... > > My ...

  1. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > fuzzix did eloquently scribble:
    >
    >>When playing Half-Life 2 anything that flies at me is dubbed a "****
    >>hawk" in homage to Jim Lahey of Sunnyvale Trailer Park. Can't say I
    >>invented that one...

    > My dad called the hawks that followed old locomotives in the 40s
    > ****e hawks... For obvious "do not use whilst in the station" reasons.

    With some swift Googling, I've established that a) a ****ehawk is in
    fact one of the birds from Batty, and b) CSS has officially run out of
    things to talk about.

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/com...418b872d26f07e

  2. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    Matthew Westcott did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> fuzzix did eloquently scribble:
    >>
    >>>When playing Half-Life 2 anything that flies at me is dubbed a "****
    >>>hawk" in homage to Jim Lahey of Sunnyvale Trailer Park. Can't say I
    >>>invented that one...

    >> My dad called the hawks that followed old locomotives in the 40s
    >> ****e hawks... For obvious "do not use whilst in the station" reasons.

    > With some swift Googling, I've established that a) a ****ehawk is in
    > fact one of the birds from Batty, and b) CSS has officially run out of
    > things to talk about.

    > http://groups.google.co.uk/group/com...418b872d26f07e

    Just goes to prove that time is cyclical, we just looped back to 2000.
    Anything you did wrong the first time... now's your chance.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  3. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    "Matthew Westcott" wrote:

    > With some swift Googling, I've established that a) a
    > ****ehawk is in fact one of the birds from Batty, and
    > b) CSS has officially run out of things to talk about.

    Is this group stuck in a loop?

    Eq.

  4. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    Paul E Collins did eloquently scribble:
    > "Matthew Westcott" wrote:

    >> With some swift Googling, I've established that a) a
    >> ****ehawk is in fact one of the birds from Batty, and
    >> b) CSS has officially run out of things to talk about.

    > Is this group stuck in a loop?

    Mmmm, willow
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  5. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:45:54 +0100, "Paul E Collins"
    wrote:

    >"Matthew Westcott" wrote:
    >
    >> With some swift Googling, I've established that a) a
    >> ****ehawk is in fact one of the birds from Batty, and
    >> b) CSS has officially run out of things to talk about.

    >Is this group stuck in a loop?
    >
    >Eq.

    Mmm, Buffy

  6. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Just goes to prove that time is cyclical, we just looped back to 2000.
    > Anything you did wrong the first time... now's your chance.

    But what if I accidentally kill my grandfather? (It's 2000, you clot,
    not 1900 - Time Travel Ed.)

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  7. Re: Gaming terms you invented

    On Apr 15, 4:45 pm, "Paul E Collins"
    wrote:
    > "Matthew Westcott" wrote:
    > > With some swift Googling, I've established that a) a
    > > ****ehawk is in fact one of the birds from Batty, and
    > > b) CSS has officially run out of things to talk about.

    > Is this group stuck in a loop?

    THERE IS NO WIKIPEDIA! [1]

    [1] Well, they seem to reckon *we* don't exist, so why not
    reciprocate? :-)

+ Reply to Thread