Re: UAW '07 - robertster - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: UAW '07 - robertster - Sinclair ; On 13 Apr 2007 09:04:56 GMT, Robert de Vincy wrote: >Robertster did write: > >> Ok, so it is Unprovoked Attack Week. But how did this become ADS >> tradition? > >It is. > >How? I don't know. Probably the ...

  1. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    On 13 Apr 2007 09:04:56 GMT, Robert de Vincy wrote:

    >Robertster did write:
    >
    >> Ok, so it is Unprovoked Attack Week. But how did this become ADS
    >> tradition?

    >It is.
    >
    >How? I don't know. Probably the why that most traditions become
    >traditions: some crazy person suggests some crazy idea and next thing
    >you know it's no longer crazy but "tradition". The originator might
    >still be crazy, though.
    >
    >However, I have to say, with some pride, that this year's was the
    >first time I made it through the week without being disqualified.
    >Admittedly, for three days of that week I was "out of contact" in
    >the wilds of Edinburgh, but even so: PERSONAL BEST.
    >
    >> Also, whatever happened to Chris Young?

    >His loyalties lay elsewhere. I think he got pissed off at a cross-
    >posted thread between the ADS and one of his Sinclair groups in which
    >I pointed out that he had zero loyalties to the ADS (based on his
    >replies). After that, I don't think he was seen in these parts again.
    >WELL, CHRIS, I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR COMP.SINCLAIR.STUCK-IN-THE-80S
    >NEWSGROUP, LOVE.

    You really should have crossposted this, you know.

    FIXED!

  2. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    Lister did write:

    > You really should have crossposted this, you know.
    >
    > FIXED!

    Fightin' talk, eh?

    --
    BdeV
    "I have already made this point."

  3. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    Lister did eloquently scribble:
    > You really should have crossposted this, you know.

    > FIXED!

    Oh god lister, why on earth have you started another digitiser crosspost?
    The last thing we need is another invasion by that silly army bunch,
    whatever they were called.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >> You really should have crossposted this, you know.

    >> FIXED!

    > Oh god lister, why on earth have you started another digitiser crosspost?
    > The last thing we need is another invasion by that silly army bunch,
    > whatever they were called.

    WE ARE CALLED THE "UNITED SNAKES ARMY OF PAPPLEWICK"!

    CALL US BY OUR NAME SIR CLIVE!

    10 GOTO 20
    20 GOTO 10

    --
    -monkie-
    "Miyamoto, from kyoto, he made mario, for nintendo. but i really love

  5. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    On 13 Apr, 13:05, Lister wrote:
    > On 13 Apr 2007 09:04:56 GMT, Robert de Vincy wrote:
    >

    > >Robertster did write:

    > >> Ok, so it is Unprovoked Attack Week. But how did this become ADS
    > >> tradition?

    > >It is.

    > >How? I don't know. Probably the why that most traditions become
    > >traditions: some crazy person suggests some crazy idea and next thing
    > >you know it's no longer crazy but "tradition". The originator might
    > >still be crazy, though.

    > >However, I have to say, with some pride, that this year's was the
    > >first time I made it through the week without being disqualified.
    > >Admittedly, for three days of that week I was "out of contact" in
    > >the wilds of Edinburgh, but even so: PERSONAL BEST.

    > >> Also, whatever happened to Chris Young?

    > >His loyalties lay elsewhere. I think he got pissed off at a cross-
    > >posted thread between the ADS and one of his Sinclair groups in which
    > >I pointed out that he had zero loyalties to the ADS (based on his
    > >replies). After that, I don't think he was seen in these parts again.
    > >WELL, CHRIS, I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR COMP.SINCLAIR.STUCK-IN-THE-80S
    > >NEWSGROUP, LOVE.

    > You really should have crossposted this, you know.
    >
    > FIXED!

    Just read the thread you mention. What larks.

    Hello Mr Chris Young. How are you?

    Robertster

  6. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    did write:

    Sender: spike1@freenet.co.uk

    Haha! I remember watching you getting involved with the alt.religion.
    kibology people many months ago on a totally different group. I am
    Mr Memory, oh yes I am.

    --
    BdeV
    "I've also got the lid of one of Mr T's bins. Be afraid."

  7. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    Robert de Vincy did eloquently scribble:
    > did write:

    > Sender: spike1@freenet.co.uk

    > Haha! I remember watching you getting involved with the alt.religion.
    > kibology people many months ago on a totally different group. I am
    > Mr Memory, oh yes I am.

    heheh
    Even I'd forgotten that.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  8. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    did write:

    > Robert de Vincy did eloquently scribble:
    >
    >> did write:
    >>
    >> Sender: spike1@freenet.co.uk
    >>
    >> Haha! I remember watching you getting involved with the alt.religion.
    >> kibology people many months ago on a totally different group. I am
    >> Mr Memory, oh yes I am.

    > heheh
    > Even I'd forgotten that.

    For being in an a.r.k. trolling thread, you came out fairly well.
    Normally they just descend into a bunch of cheer-leading around
    barbara's (or whoever they're currently championing) snarky replies.
    I was most impressed, sir.

    --
    BdeV
    "Yes your gay? OH MY! Hardly anyone admits to it on Usenet."

  9. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    On 13 Apr 2007 07:39:38 -0700 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC robertster:

    > Just read the thread you mention. What larks.

    I don't actually recall that thread. Well, I remember a crosspost but
    not the content. Anyway, that was a few years ago and I've been back
    in THE a.d.s since then, although I didn't stay very long, and I think
    I slipped out the back quietly while nobody was looking (being very
    careful not to rattle Mr T's bins).

    > Hello Mr Chris Young. How are you?

    Hello 'ster. I'm good. How's the stalking?

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  10. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:31:54 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > Lister did eloquently scribble:
    > > You really should have crossposted this, you know.

    > > FIXED!

    > Oh god lister, why on earth have you started another digitiser crosspost?
    > The last thing we need is another invasion by that silly army bunch,
    > whatever they were called.

    You should be OK with the a.d.s, it's a.d you have to be careful of.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  11. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    Chris Young did write:

    > You should be OK with the a.d.s, it's a.d you have to be careful of.

    Have you seen a.d. these days, Chris? It's deader than very dead.

    --
    BdeV
    "I'M EIGHTY-FOUR, YOU KNOW."

  12. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    Robert de Vincy did eloquently scribble:
    > did write:

    >> Robert de Vincy did eloquently scribble:
    >>
    >>> did write:
    >>>
    >>> Sender: spike1@freenet.co.uk
    >>>
    >>> Haha! I remember watching you getting involved with the alt.religion.
    >>> kibology people many months ago on a totally different group. I am
    >>> Mr Memory, oh yes I am.

    >> heheh
    >> Even I'd forgotten that.
    >>

    > For being in an a.r.k. trolling thread, you came out fairly well.
    > Normally they just descend into a bunch of cheer-leading around
    > barbara's (or whoever they're currently championing) snarky replies.
    > I was most impressed, sir.

    Why, thank you.
    I'm in a few trollbound newsgroups. Suppose it just takes practice.

  13. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    On 13 Apr 2007 18:58:46 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Robert de Vincy:

    > Chris Young did write:
    >
    > > You should be OK with the a.d.s, it's a.d you have to be careful of.

    > Have you seen a.d. these days, Chris? It's deader than very dead.

    Last time I ventured nearby, a passer-by offered me a
    finely-engineered and fully-working example of semi-automatic
    weaponry, and some drugs. I did a swift 180 and legged it. Can't
    even get a bus there these days, the unions put a stop to that
    after the last driver of the number 52 returned to the depot without
    his head. At least, that's what all the reports said, not that I
    believe them myself, probably just the council making cut-backs and
    needing an excuse.

    (erm, no I haven't)

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  14. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    > > Hello Mr Chris Young. How are you?

    > Hello 'ster. I'm good. How's the stalking?

    I stalk online through social networking sites now. It really has
    revolutionised the industry.

    Robertster

  15. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    On 15 Apr 2007 12:40:14 -0700 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Robertster:

    > > Hello 'ster. I'm good. How's the stalking?

    > I stalk online through social networking sites now. It really has
    > revolutionised the industry.

    Excellent. How many "friends"[1] do you have on MySpace.

    Chris

    [1] For "friends" read "mad raving loonies whom you would cross the
    road to avoid in real life, yet they still end up sitting next to you
    on the bus/train[2]"

    [2] 'cos that's what nutters /do/.

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  16. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    On 15 Apr, 21:52, "Chris Young" wrote:
    > On 15 Apr 2007 12:40:14 -0700 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Robertster:
    >
    > > > Hello 'ster. I'm good. How's the stalking?

    > > I stalk online through social networking sites now. It really has
    > > revolutionised the industry.

    > Excellent. How many "friends"[1] do you have on MySpace.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > [1] For "friends" read "mad raving loonies whom you would cross the
    > road to avoid in real life, yet they still end up sitting next to you
    > on the bus/train[2]"
    >
    > [2] 'cos that's what nutters /do/.

    I find Facebook a more satisfactory stalking environment. And one
    should never make friends with the stalkee, it gives it all away. Make
    friends with the friends of the friends of the stalkee.

    Robertster

  17. Re: UAW '07 - robertster

    On 16 Apr, 12:05, "Robertster" wrote:
    > On 15 Apr, 21:52, "Chris Young" wrote:
    > > On 15 Apr 2007 12:40:14 -0700 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > > to MC Robertster:

    > > > I stalk online through social networking sites now. It really has
    > > > revolutionised the industry.

    > > Excellent. How many "friends"[1] do you have on MySpace.

    > > Chris

    > > [1] For "friends" read "mad raving loonies whom you would cross the
    > > road to avoid in real life, yet they still end up sitting next to you
    > > on the bus/train[2]"

    > > [2] 'cos that's what nutters /do/.

    > I find Facebook a more satisfactory stalking environment. And one
    > should never make friends with the stalkee, it gives it all away. Make
    > friends with the friends of the friends of the stalkee.

    Facebook is DICISCISCRAMANTORY against faceless people!!!11

    --
    MG

+ Reply to Thread