My first major hardware project - Sinclair

This is a discussion on My first major hardware project - Sinclair ; Where I live, we're a bunch of vintage computer nerds who have decided to get together in some study group, working on hardware projects. Tonight we had our first meeting, to decide which project to take on. The total number ...

  1. My first major hardware project

    Where I live, we're a bunch of vintage computer nerds who have decided
    to get together in some study group, working on hardware projects.
    Tonight we had our first meeting, to decide which project to take
    on. The total number of participants is seven, divided as follows:

    Sinclair: 3-4 enthusiasts + 2 part-timers
    Commodore: 2-3 enthusiasts + 1-2 part-timers
    Atari: 2-3 enthusiasts
    Other: nothing particular in common

    So, we decided our first project will be building divIDE interfaces
    from kits, if they still can be ordered. Currently I don't even own
    a ZX Spectrum, but was promised to get one donated if I build the
    interface... Once we're done with that, we'll look into next project,
    probably something Commodore related.

    --
    Anders Carlsson

  2. Re: My first major hardware project

    Anders Carlsson escribió:
    > So, we decided our first project will be building divIDE interfaces
    > from kits, if they still can be ordered. Currently I don't even own
    > a ZX Spectrum, but was promised to get one donated if I build the
    > interface... Once we're done with that, we'll look into next project,
    > probably something Commodore related.

    So, good luck with your projects!.

    You may be interested in this one, to adapt a PS/2 keyboard to a
    Spectrum+ . It is somewhat easier to build, as there are much less
    components, and the PCB isn't very complex. Besides, you don't have to
    deal with the expansion bus, so there is little probability of damaging
    the system:

    http://www.atc.us.es/~rodriguj/interface_ps2_speccy

  3. Re: My first major hardware project

    If you need some challenges, trhink about the ISA slot interface or
    the Ethernet port interface. They're doable, but no one's interested
    in doing them atm.

+ Reply to Thread