TS 2068 Assembler/Disassebler - Sinclair

This is a discussion on TS 2068 Assembler/Disassebler - Sinclair ; Hi, anyone know where I could download an Assembler and Disassembler for the TS 2068? I have been Googling but every thing I find is for the Spectrum. Thanks...

  1. TS 2068 Assembler/Disassebler

    Hi, anyone know where I could download an Assembler and Disassembler for
    the TS 2068?
    I have been Googling but every thing I find is for the Spectrum.

    Thanks

  2. Re: TS 2068 Assembler/Disassebler

    On 22 Mar, 19:52, Webster wrote:
    > Hi, anyone know where I could download an Assembler and Disassembler for
    > the TS 2068?
    > I have been Googling but every thing I find is for the Spectrum.
    >
    > Thanks

    There is a version adapted for the JLO disk system here that may be of
    help
    ftp://ftp.nvg.unit.no/pub/sinclair/u...8/zeus4jlo.zip

    It's an old package and the submitter Alvin still turns up here and in
    WOS forums.
    I recall that it makes no calls to ROM. The Spectrum version calls
    address $1601 to
    open the printer channel.

  3. Re: TS 2068 Assembler/Disassebler

    On Mar 22, 2:41 pm, "Geoff Wearmouth" wrote:
    > On 22 Mar, 19:52, Webster wrote:

    > It's an old package and the submitter Alvin still turns up here and in
    > WOS forums.

    I do, it's true. That link for Zeus gives a 2068 snapshot for
    a version modified to work with the JLO disk system. Type
    'C' and enter to see the new disk related commands. Now
    that you've seen them, understand that if you have the
    fortitude not to type one of them in, the assembler can be used
    on a JLO-less system. But I think a tape version for the
    Spectrum should work except:

    > I recall that it makes no calls to ROM. The Spectrum version calls
    > address $1601 to
    > open the printer channel.

    this may cause a problem if you try to print to a ts2040
    or alphacom printer.

    The Zeal disassembler for the 2068 can be downloaded from
    my crap website:

    http://www.geocities.com/aralbrec/

    but this one is an independent program. I imagine the
    combined Zeus Assembler / Disassembler is an
    attractive combination if you download both Spectrum
    programs and put them together as per instructions.

    With that said, it would be a lot easier and more convenient
    to use a cross-assembler on your PC and just send the
    results to the 2068 when you're all done :-)

+ Reply to Thread