Name an early game - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Name an early game - Sinclair ; All I can remember about it was that it was one of the very first games to appear on the Speccy; I saw it at the Microfair in December 1982. Jokers please note that this was several months before Stonkers ...

  1. Name an early game

    All I can remember about it was that it was one of the very first
    games to appear on the Speccy; I saw it at the Microfair in December
    1982. Jokers please note that this was several months before Stonkers
    came out. :-)

    The hero appeared to the tune of "Land of Hope and Glory" and some
    text to the effect of "This is you" or "This is the hero" or the like,
    then immediately after the villain (a dragon) appeared with the text
    "Enter the dragon" and a burst of some faux-Chinese music.

    What was this called?

  2. Re: Name an early game

    korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    > Jokers please note that this was several months before Stonkers
    > came out. :-)

    Well it's *definitely* definitely not Stonkers then.

  3. Re: Name an early game

    korax1214@gmail.com did eloquently scribble:
    > All I can remember about it was that it was one of the very first
    > games to appear on the Speccy; I saw it at the Microfair in December
    > 1982. Jokers please note that this was several months before Stonkers
    > came out. :-)

    In which case it is most definitely not stonkers.
    :-p

    > The hero appeared to the tune of "Land of Hope and Glory" and some
    > text to the effect of "This is you" or "This is the hero" or the like,
    > then immediately after the villain (a dragon) appeared with the text
    > "Enter the dragon" and a burst of some faux-Chinese music.

    > What was this called?

    No idea... So, do you have any hints concerning the gameplay?
    | in |good to you so far... |

  4. Re: Name an early game

    and its not 3D Tanx either as there was no dragon in that.
    :-)

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Matthew Westcott" wrote in message
    > korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Jokers please note that this was several months before Stonkers
    >> came out. :-)

    > Well it's *definitely* definitely not Stonkers then.

  5. Re: Name an early game

    Maybe it was called Enter the Dragon?

    Brian stating the obvious.

    wrote in message
    > korax1214@gmail.com did eloquently scribble:
    >> All I can remember about it was that it was one of the very first
    >> games to appear on the Speccy; I saw it at the Microfair in December
    >> 1982. Jokers please note that this was several months before Stonkers
    >> came out. :-)

    > In which case it is most definitely not stonkers.
    > :-p
    >
    >> The hero appeared to the tune of "Land of Hope and Glory" and some
    >> text to the effect of "This is you" or "This is the hero" or the like,
    >> then immediately after the villain (a dragon) appeared with the text
    >> "Enter the dragon" and a burst of some faux-Chinese music.

    >> What was this called?

    > No idea... So, do you have any hints concerning the gameplay?
    > --
    > | |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a
    > crack|
    > | spike1@freenet.co.uk |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which
    > you|
    > | |can't move, with no hope of rescue.
    > |
    > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|Consider how lucky you are that life has been
    > |
    > | in |good to you so far...
    > |
    > | Computer Science | -The BOOK, Hitch-hiker's guide to the
    > galaxy.|

  6. Re: Name an early game

    On 22 Mar 2007 05:31:59 -0700 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > The hero appeared to the tune of "Land of Hope and Glory" and some
    > text to the effect of "This is you" or "This is the hero" or the like,
    > then immediately after the villain (a dragon) appeared with the text
    > "Enter the dragon" and a burst of some faux-Chinese music.
    >
    > What was this called?

    Sir Clive Battles The Dragons. Or was that a CGC entry from a few
    years back? It has a dragon in it though, and it looks like it was
    written in 1982.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  7. Re: Name an early game

    napísal v správe
    news:1174566719.311930.314080@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    > All I can remember about it was that it was one of the very first
    > games to appear on the Speccy; I saw it at the Microfair in December
    > 1982. Jokers please note that this was several months before Stonkers
    > came out. :-)
    >
    > The hero appeared to the tune of "Land of Hope and Glory" and some
    > text to the effect of "This is you" or "This is the hero" or the like,
    > then immediately after the villain (a dragon) appeared with the text
    > "Enter the dragon" and a burst of some faux-Chinese music.
    >
    > What was this called?

    I remember a game where a dinosaur was passing a maze qite nice it has been
    programmed both in basic and machine code you could list the basic program,
    but the most important thing is that I cannot recall the name of it.

  8. Re: Name an early game

    Bohus Král did eloquently scribble:

    > napísal v správe
    > news:1174566719.311930.314080@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    >> All I can remember about it was that it was one of the very first
    >> games to appear on the Speccy; I saw it at the Microfair in December
    >> 1982. Jokers please note that this was several months before Stonkers
    >> came out. :-)
    >>
    >> The hero appeared to the tune of "Land of Hope and Glory" and some
    >> text to the effect of "This is you" or "This is the hero" or the like,
    >> then immediately after the villain (a dragon) appeared with the text
    >> "Enter the dragon" and a burst of some faux-Chinese music.
    >>
    >> What was this called?

    > I remember a game where a dinosaur was passing a maze qite nice it has been
    > programmed both in basic and machine code you could list the basic program,
    > but the most important thing is that I cannot recall the name of it.

    "3D escape". Touted as the sequel to 3d monster maze on the zx81, but not as
    good.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  9. Re: Name an early game

    "Chris Young" writes:

    > Sir Clive Battles The Dragons. Or was that a CGC entry from a few
    > years back? It has a dragon in it though, and it looks like it was
    > written in 1982.

    Thanks! I named it "Sir Clive's Dragon Mission" if I recall correct.

    The dragon sprite, which was reviewed to look like a kangeroo, was
    lifted from a VIC/64/Atari COMPUTE! game published in 1983.

    --
    Anders Carlsson

+ Reply to Thread