OT: Real McCoy's "Jackets" - Sinclair

This is a discussion on OT: Real McCoy's "Jackets" - Sinclair ; A new "seasonal edition" from the makers of the patented wavy cut. These are not especially remarkable. I can't detect any textural difference that might be ascribed to the use of potato jackets, disappointingly. "Sour cream and chive" seems to ...

  1. OT: Real McCoy's "Jackets"

    A new "seasonal edition" from the makers of the patented wavy cut.

    These are not especially remarkable. I can't detect any textural
    difference that might be ascribed to the use of potato jackets,
    disappointingly.

    "Sour cream and chive" seems to be a flavour borrowed from Pringles
    (one of the better, less cardboardy ones), and it doesn't taste too
    different from those. "Melted cheese and bacon" are very cheesy and,
    in fact, are *exactly* like Mini Cheddars except for being crisps. I
    have yet to try "beef chilli" but lately every wannabe spicy flavour
    has been chilli something, so they may just taste like hot air.

    Eq.

  2. Re: OT: Real McCoy's "Jackets"

    On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:49:36 -0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Paul E Collins:

    > A new "seasonal edition" from the makers of the patented wavy cut.
    >
    > These are not especially remarkable. I can't detect any textural
    > difference that might be ascribed to the use of potato jackets,
    > disappointingly.
    >
    > "Sour cream and chive" seems to be a flavour borrowed from Pringles
    > (one of the better, less cardboardy ones), and it doesn't taste too
    > different from those. "Melted cheese and bacon" are very cheesy and,
    > in fact, are *exactly* like Mini Cheddars except for being crisps. I
    > have yet to try "beef chilli" but lately every wannabe spicy flavour
    > has been chilli something, so they may just taste like hot air.

    Ironically I was buying such a multi-pack at pretty much the _exact
    time_ you wrote this little review.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  3. Re: OT: Real McCoy's "Jackets"

    On 2007-03-23, Nuttyfox wrote:

    > Your overcooked potato snacks are second only to 'Tudor' in my
    > 'Crisp-Nostalgia' chart.

    Tudor crisps! I'd forgotten about them.. Was it them who did the
    "free" board game where you raced shoddily-made plastic replicas of
    vintage cars around a circuit?

    > This all brings me to ask, why have you not brought back XL Barbeque
    > Beef?? Is it to tease me into sending this e-mail? Is it because there
    > is a national cow shortage? A shortage of the letter 'B' perhaps or
    > is it because a little bird told you that cheese is nicer than beef?
    > Would you have a Cheese joint for your Sunday lunch? Would you have
    > gravy on your feet-smelling cheese sandwich?

    I think it's the mad crisp disease scandal, and the memories of
    disinfectant-soaked crisps that stick in the throat, although it did
    wonders for my halitosis.

    Those funeral pyres of thousands of crisp packets, and the smell of
    burning plastic, who can forget those? A dark day for Britain.

    > After years of bombarding Nestle to re-introduce the cumbly-chocolated
    > chewy-heaven that is the Texan bar,

    Ah Texan bars, I left many a childhood tooth in one of those.

    A more recent bar I miss was the "Secret" bar, a latticework of
    chocolate over a creamy centre, yum.. A bit fragile, which is what
    probably did for them in the end.

    > Oh and while I'm on, what does a crisp burn to?

    A pork scratching. What else do you think they're made from?

  4. Re: OT: Real McCoy's "Jackets"

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    >> Oh and while I'm on, what does a crisp burn to?

    > A pork scratching. What else do you think they're made from?

    Didn't you know?
    They're made from flayed and fried pig skin.

  5. Re: OT: Real McCoy's "Jackets"

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wibbled:

    > Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > >> Oh and while I'm on, what does a crisp burn to?

    > > A pork scratching. What else do you think they're made from?

    > Didn't you know?
    > They're made from flayed and fried pig skin.

    Alright.... that's it! STOP TALKING ABOUT PORK SCRATCHINGS!!!

    It seems that the Irish have more sense, because I can't buy them here.
    But.... as a Yorkshireman-in-exile.... I do miss good old Dewhurst's
    pork scratchings.

    I'm hungry now. And I want some Theakston's.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

+ Reply to Thread