Sinclair Test Rom Scam on Ebay - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Sinclair Test Rom Scam on Ebay - Sinclair ; Seller Teschio on Ebay auctions off Sinclair testrom cartridges. Nowhere (at least in the English) description does he mention that these are re-makes and not authentic. He sells these as real for inflated prices and when buyers complain he sais ...

  1. Sinclair Test Rom Scam on Ebay

    Seller Teschio on Ebay auctions off Sinclair testrom cartridges.
    Nowhere (at least in the English) description does he mention that these
    are re-makes and not authentic.
    He sells these as real for inflated prices and when buyers complain he
    sais that he is not responsible for them not knowing what they're
    buying.
    Everytime he puts up a new one he diminishes the (already doubtable
    value) of the ones he has sold before.
    I have contacted Ebay but they are not extremely helpful.
    It is my intention to release the rom information from the one I have
    bought to the community, probably on Phil Kendalls' site, to stop this
    seller from making more profit from his copies.

    If there are other buyers here, please post here to let me know if you
    people have objections to this?...Sinclai

  2. Re: Sinclair Test Rom Scam on Ebay

    In news:b4YZHiZmxFZrPUmrnospam@invalid,
    Frans typed:

    > Seller Teschio on Ebay auctions off Sinclair testrom cartridges.

    [putting up the "fake ROM" image for download]

    > If there are other buyers here, please post here to let me know if you
    > people have objections to this?...Sinclai

    We can never have enough ROM images. Go for it.

    D.

  3. Re: Sinclair Test Rom Scam on Ebay

    "Frans" wrote in message
    > Seller Teschio on Ebay auctions off Sinclair testrom cartridges.
    > Nowhere (at least in the English) description does he mention that these
    > are re-makes and not authentic.

    He is responsible for the description of his goods, and if he knows people
    are getting upset he should take steps to clarify his descriptions to
    prevent unhappy customers.

    Personally I can't understand why people are prepared to pay more for
    authentic antiques when a reproduction would do the same job without the
    wear and tear of the years.

    Why don't you set up manufacturing the same products with an honest
    description. You'll reduce the other guy's sales, and your customers will
    know what they are getting.

  4. Re: Sinclair Test Rom Scam on Ebay

    I have bought one of Mr. Teschio's ROM cartridges and it is indeed a
    re-make. As he sells it as authentic and claims that he was the lucky
    one 20 years ago to receive several of these cartridges straight from
    Sinclair, as he was a repairer, it's a fraude.

    Of course the value of an authentic cartridge is much higher than a
    remake, that's obvious...

    On 19 mrt, 01:51, "Kryten"
    wrote:
    > "Frans" wrote in message

    > > Seller Teschio on Ebay auctions off Sinclair testrom cartridges.
    > > Nowhere (at least in the English) description does he mention that these
    > > are re-makes and not authentic.

    > He is responsible for the description of his goods, and if he knows people
    > are getting upset he should take steps to clarify his descriptions to
    > prevent unhappy customers.
    >
    > Personally I can't understand why people are prepared to pay more for
    > authentic antiques when a reproduction would do the same job without the
    > wear and tear of the years.
    >
    > Why don't you set up manufacturing the same products with an honest
    > description. You'll reduce the other guy's sales, and your customers will
    > know what they are getting.

+ Reply to Thread