maketzx - Sinclair

This is a discussion on maketzx - Sinclair ; Hi, i am currently archiving all of my spectrum tapes. i want to make tzx files from tapes and am using maketzx from ramsoft. my question is. some games are distrubution denined i.e code masters stuff ect. is it alright ...

  1. maketzx

    Hi,

    i am currently archiving all of my spectrum tapes. i want to make tzx files
    from tapes and am using maketzx from ramsoft. my question is. some games are
    distrubution denined i.e code masters stuff ect. is it alright for me to
    make a tzx as long as i don't give that tzx to anyone and keep it just for
    my own archive ?

    regards andy

  2. Re: maketzx

    Andy Rea did eloquently scribble:
    > Hi,

    > i am currently archiving all of my spectrum tapes. i want to make tzx files
    > from tapes and am using maketzx from ramsoft. my question is. some games are
    > distrubution denined i.e code masters stuff ect. is it alright for me to
    > make a tzx as long as i don't give that tzx to anyone and keep it just for
    > my own archive ?

    It's your tape isn't it?
    You can do what you like with it as long as it doesn't involve other people.
    (I think it'll fall under "backups")
    | in |good to you so far... |

  3. Re: maketzx

    wrote in message

    > It's your tape isn't it?

    Yep.

    > You can do what you like with it as long as it doesn't involve other
    > people.
    > (I think it'll fall under "backups")

    that's what i though. :-)

    Andy