Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps - Sinclair ; korax1214@gmail.com wibbled: > I've recently learned (the hard way) what these are -- cheap (in both > senses) crisps which taste like they were formed from the floor > sweepings. Yuk! > Yes, they are vile and disgusting. I tried ...

  1. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    korax1214@gmail.com wibbled:

    > I've recently learned (the hard way) what these are -- cheap (in both
    > senses) crisps which taste like they were formed from the floor
    > sweepings. Yuk!

    Yes, they are vile and disgusting. I tried the "prawn ****tail
    flavour" and almost instantly regretted it.

    I'm going off Walkers' flavours at the moment. They seem to be really
    sweet and sugary. Have they changed the flavourings? Or maybe they
    were always like that, and it's just my aging taste buds.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  2. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    Matt Rudge wrote:
    > korax1214@gmail.com wibbled:
    >
    >> I've recently learned (the hard way) what these are -- cheap (in both
    >> senses) crisps which taste like they were formed from the floor
    >> sweepings. Yuk!
    >>

    > Yes, they are vile and disgusting. I tried the "prawn ****tail
    > flavour" and almost instantly regretted it.

    I'm quite enjoying their Salt'n'Vinegar "Baked" crisps at the moment, I
    have to say... taste reminds me a bit of Smiths Square Crisps, which
    sadly you don't seem to get over here any more.

  3. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    On Mar 8, 5:55 am, "Matt Rudge" wrote:
    > I'm going off Walkers' flavours at the moment. They seem to be really
    > sweet and sugary. Have they changed the flavourings? Or maybe they
    > were always like that, and it's just my aging taste buds.

    They seem that way to me as well. Perhaps my taste buds are also
    aging. :-)

    The "Lamb and Mint" flavour, although good (IMO), is a little weird in
    that respect...

  4. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Mar 8, 5:55 am, "Matt Rudge" wrote:
    >> I'm going off Walkers' flavours at the moment. They seem to be really
    >> sweet and sugary. Have they changed the flavourings? Or maybe they
    >> were always like that, and it's just my aging taste buds.

    > They seem that way to me as well. Perhaps my taste buds are also
    > aging. :-)
    >
    > The "Lamb and Mint" flavour, although good (IMO), is a little weird in
    > that respect...

    Argh, I'm trying so hard to like Lamb and Mint crisps (mainly because I
    have several packets stuffed in a cupboard. God only knows why). Mint
    and crisps? IT'S JUST WRONG.

    /me starts a Daily Mail-style 'BAN IT' campaign

  5. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    Steve-o wrote:
    > korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    >> On Mar 8, 5:55 am, "Matt Rudge" wrote:
    >>> I'm going off Walkers' flavours at the moment. They seem to be really
    >>> sweet and sugary. Have they changed the flavourings? Or maybe they
    >>> were always like that, and it's just my aging taste buds.

    >> They seem that way to me as well. Perhaps my taste buds are also
    >> aging. :-)
    >>
    >> The "Lamb and Mint" flavour, although good (IMO), is a little weird in
    >> that respect...
    >>

    > Argh, I'm trying so hard to like Lamb and Mint crisps (mainly because I
    > have several packets stuffed in a cupboard. God only knows why). Mint
    > and crisps? IT'S JUST WRONG.
    >
    > /me starts a Daily Mail-style 'BAN IT' campaign

    I once had a dream in which I was eating a cheese & onion choc ice...
    the imaginary taste was stuck in my mouth for a couple days. X-Q

  6. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    Cruithne3753 did eloquently scribble:
    > Steve-o wrote:
    >> korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    >>>
    >>> They seem that way to me as well. Perhaps my taste buds are also
    >>> aging. :-)
    >>>
    >>> The "Lamb and Mint" flavour, although good (IMO), is a little weird in
    >>> that respect...
    >>>

    >> Argh, I'm trying so hard to like Lamb and Mint crisps (mainly because I
    >> have several packets stuffed in a cupboard. God only knows why). Mint
    >> and crisps? IT'S JUST WRONG.
    >>
    >> /me starts a Daily Mail-style 'BAN IT' campaign

    > I once had a dream in which I was eating a cheese & onion choc ice...
    > the imaginary taste was stuck in my mouth for a couple days. X-Q

    You should've washed the taste away with some raspberry ripple flavoured
    crisps.

  7. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    wrote:

    > > I once had a dream in which I was eating a cheese &
    > > onion choc ice... the imaginary taste was stuck in my
    > > mouth for a couple days. X-Q

    > You should've washed the taste away with some raspberry
    > ripple flavoured crisps.

    Or the genuine vanilla ice-cream Monster Munch.

    Eq.

  8. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:54:24 -0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Paul E Collins:

    > Or the genuine vanilla ice-cream Monster Munch.

    No. That's just wrong.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  9. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Cruithne3753 did eloquently scribble:
    >
    >> I once had a dream in which I was eating a cheese & onion choc ice...
    >> the imaginary taste was stuck in my mouth for a couple days. X-Q

    > You should've washed the taste away with some raspberry ripple flavoured
    > crisps.

    Or some nice fizzy steakade.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  10. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    "Paul E Collins" > Or the genuine vanilla
    ice-cream Monster Munch.

    > Eq.

    Umm sounds nice (ed you have weird taste).

  11. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:33:43 -0000, "Mestor"
    wrote:

    >"Paul E Collins" > Or the genuine vanilla
    >ice-cream Monster Munch.

    Where do you get these?

    I ought to try them

  12. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:04:14 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Lister:

    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:33:43 -0000, "Mestor"
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Paul E Collins" > Or the genuine vanilla
    > >ice-cream Monster Munch.

    > Where do you get these?
    >
    > I ought to try them

    They were a limited edition from WAY BACK. I believe they were
    discussed here at the time (and if they weren't, they should have
    been - if only to warn people off them)

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  13. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    "Chris Young" : Wrot

    > They were a limited edition from WAY BACK. I believe they were
    > discussed here at the time (and if they weren't, they should have
    > been - if only to warn people off them)
    >
    > Chris

    Thanks for that. I probably would try them, I like strange crisp flavours
    for example the Walker Sensations.

  14. Re: Walkers "Potato Head" crisps

    On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:03:25 -0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Mestor:

    > > They were a limited edition from WAY BACK. I believe they were
    > > discussed here at the time (and if they weren't, they should have
    > > been - if only to warn people off them)

    > Thanks for that. I probably would try them, I like strange crisp flavours
    > for example the Walker Sensations.

    The Sensations are Quite Nice, though.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  15. Walkers Sensations Crisps.

    "Chris Young" rapped:
    > The Sensations are Quite Nice, though.
    >
    > Chris

    ..
    I love the Thai red curry flavour? What's your favorite Sensation?

    mestor - rapping up a storm.

  16. Re: Walkers Sensations Crisps.

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 01:03:29 -0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Mestor:

    > "Chris Young" rapped:
    > > The Sensations are Quite Nice, though.
    > >
    > > Chris

    > ..
    > I love the Thai red curry flavour?

    You mean Thai Sweet Chilli?

    > What's your favorite Sensation?

    Not Lamb & Mint, as they're a bit odd. I like the rest of them,
    although not sufficiently recently enough to recall which ones I
    prefer.