Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube - Sinclair ; Microsoft have bundled the original 'untouched' ZX Spectrum Jetpac game with an updated multi-player version from Rare. You can see a video of both versions here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91c9PfMnhA I'm trying to contact them about a UDG editor I once wrote. -- ...

  1. Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    --
    G.

  2. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    On 2007-03-07, Geoff Wearmouth wrote:

    > Microsoft have bundled the original 'untouched' ZX Spectrum Jetpac
    > game with an updated multi-player version from Rare.

    Can't see what the feck is going on with the "updated" version, some
    kind of "see how many moving blobs we can fit on one screen"
    competition?

  3. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    Ian Rawlings wibbled:

    > On 2007-03-07, Geoff Wearmouth wrote:
    >
    > > Microsoft have bundled the original 'untouched' ZX Spectrum Jetpac
    > > game with an updated multi-player version from Rare.

    > Can't see what the feck is going on with the "updated" version, some
    > kind of "see how many moving blobs we can fit on one screen"
    > competition?

    Give me the speccy version any time. The "refuelled" (interestingly
    spelt the British way) edition looks nauseating.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  4. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    Matt Rudge wrote:

    > Give me the speccy version any time. The "refuelled" (interestingly
    > spelt the British way) edition looks nauseating.

    Well at least with Live Arcade you should be able to download a trial
    version to see how it plays.

  5. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    On Mar 7, 10:35 am, "Matt Rudge" wrote:

    > Give me the speccy version any time. The "refuelled" (interestingly
    > spelt the British way) edition looks nauseating.

    It's probably just as well they bundled the original. I find colour-
    clash on the Xbox-360 amusing.

    Speaking of emulators, this one, ZX360, looks very cool

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kEMMMiOI34

    It's from Jan Jones, (surely not the romantic novelist who devised
    Sinclair Superbasic)
    and it fleshes out nicely Sir Clive's vision of a flat screen
    television at the centre of one's home.

  6. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    "Geoff Wearmouth" wrote in message
    news:1173262082.957439.6580@n33g2000cwc.googlegrou ps.com...
    > Microsoft have bundled the original 'untouched' ZX Spectrum Jetpac
    > game with an updated multi-player version from Rare.
    >
    > You can see a video of both versions here
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91c9PfMnhA
    >
    > I'm trying to contact them about a UDG editor I once wrote.
    >
    > --
    > G.

    It looks ****!! Typical of today's console culture, with so much going on
    detracting from the playability.

    No pun directed towards you though Geoff :-) Pleased to have seen it.

  7. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    Aly wrote:
    > It looks ****!!

    I thought it looked pretty good. (And I don't even own a console). If you
    want to play the original then play the original, there's no point in a
    remake if it's exactly the same.

    I'm sure they must have been playing the Retrospec remake before they set
    down to write this though...

    --

    (O)enone

  8. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    "Oenone" napísal

    > I'm sure they must have been playing the Retrospec remake before they set
    > down to write this though...

    I don't think Rare is interested in some retrospec remakes.

  9. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    Bohus Král wrote:
    >> I'm sure they must have been playing the Retrospec remake before
    >> they set down to write this though...

    > I don't think Rare is interested in some retrospec remakes.

    Normally I'd probably agree, but watching that video does make me wonder.

    --

    (O)enone

  10. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed, 7 Mar
    2007 12:50:33 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "Aly" <,shfskfjsf@sliuflky4iuhdf.erl> fornis do marikano
    es bono tan el:

    >It looks ****!! Typical of today's console culture, with so much going on
    >detracting from the playability.

    You've not played Geometry Wars, have you? Proper "retro" gameplay with tons
    going on.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

  11. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    In article <_rKdnad1c4AgKXPYnZ2dnUVZ8s-qnZ2d@bt.com>,
    ,shfskfjsf@sliuflky4iuhdf.erl says...
    > It looks ****!! Typical of today's console culture, with so much going on
    > detracting from the playability.

    unlike robotron/llamatron

  12. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 Ian Rawlings wrote:

    >Can't see what the feck is going on with the "updated" version, some
    >kind of "see how many moving blobs we can fit on one screen"
    >competition?

    Agreed. Like so many commercial remakes they've over-egged the pudding
    to a staggering degree.

    On the other hand Solar Crisis

    (http://retrospec.sgn.net/game-overview.php?link=jetpac1)

    is one of the best remakes I've seen. *That* is how you update a
    classic. Even if it loses a few points for not spelling Jetpac
    correctly.

    --
    Kev
    "Air head fired."

  13. Re: Microsoft Jetpac Refuelled Video on YouTube

    Geoff Wearmouth wrote:

    > On Mar 7, 10:35 am, "Matt Rudge" wrote:
    >
    >> Give me the speccy version any time. The "refuelled" (interestingly
    >> spelt the British way) edition looks nauseating.

    > It's probably just as well they bundled the original. I find colour-
    > clash on the Xbox-360 amusing.

    Yep. Sad to see the dead hand of the Microsoft logo slapped on an icon
    of the once-unique British gaming culture, though. Or something.

    > Speaking of emulators, this one, ZX360, looks very cool
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kEMMMiOI34
    >
    > It's from Jan Jones, (surely not the romantic novelist who devised
    > Sinclair Superbasic)
    > and it fleshes out nicely Sir Clive's vision of a flat screen
    > television at the centre of one's home.

    But... hold on... it takes two 360s to run it, and there's still no
    sound? I knew the Speccy was a gaming powerhouse, but that's a bit much,
    Shirley.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

+ Reply to Thread