CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!! - Sinclair ; The CGC2006 is now officially over - and we have a winner. Hundreds of votes were cast, and my ZX80 nearly overheated twice while tabulating them all (it's not all bad, I burnt out three C64s trying to do the ...

  1. CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    The CGC2006 is now officially over - and we have a winner.

    Hundreds of votes were cast, and my ZX80 nearly overheated twice while
    tabulating them all (it's not all bad, I burnt out three C64s trying to
    do the same thing).

    Anyway, without further ado, the winner of the comp.sys.sinclair Crap
    Games Compo 2006 is.........

    Celebrity Arses by Crapman!!

    The game scored a whopping 31.6 out of 40 for total and absolute
    crapness. Well done Mr C, you have lived up to your name.

    Full results can be seen at the games page here:

    http://www.mattrudge.net/cgc2006/games.html

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  2. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    "Matt Rudge" wrote:

    > Anyway, without further ado, the winner of the comp.sys.sinclair
    > Crap Games Compo 2006 is.........
    > Celebrity Arses by Crapman!!

    Congratulations on this spiritual successor to Top Shelf Challenge!

    I'm a bit suspicious about "Z2A" doing so well. You got all your mates
    to vote, didn't you?

    Eq.

  3. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Paul E Collins wibbled:

    > "Matt Rudge" wrote:
    >
    > > Anyway, without further ado, the winner of the comp.sys.sinclair
    > > Crap Games Compo 2006 is.........
    > > Celebrity Arses by Crapman!!

    > Congratulations on this spiritual successor to Top Shelf Challenge!
    >
    > I'm a bit suspicious about "Z2A" doing so well. You got all your
    > mates to vote, didn't you?

    I can appreciate why many suspicious minds might think that. So I've
    already initiated a detailed cash-for-honours inquiry. Naturally
    there's also an injunction against reporting on the inquiry, so the
    results will be confidential, but I'm confident that the impartiality
    of the competition will be upheld.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  4. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    On Mar 7, 11:40 am, "Matt Rudge" wrote:
    > I can appreciate why many suspicious minds might think that. So I've
    > already initiated a detailed cash-for-honours inquiry. Naturally
    > there's also an injunction against reporting on the inquiry, so the
    > results will be confidential, but I'm confident that the impartiality
    > of the competition will be upheld.
    >
    > --
    > Mattwww.mattrudge.net

    History will judge YOU on that! Terrible games, great competition. I'm
    still working my way through them... 1 minute to play, 1 hour to
    recover, then on to the next one.

  5. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    DanSolo wibbled:

    > On Mar 7, 11:40 am, "Matt Rudge" wrote:
    > > I can appreciate why many suspicious minds might think that. So
    > > I've already initiated a detailed cash-for-honours inquiry.
    > > Naturally there's also an injunction against reporting on the
    > > inquiry, so the results will be confidential, but I'm confident
    > > that the impartiality of the competition will be upheld.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mattwww.mattrudge.net

    > History will judge YOU on that! Terrible games, great competition. I'm
    > still working my way through them... 1 minute to play, 1 hour to
    > recover, then on to the next one.

    1 minute on each one?? You're a real hardcore gamer! Just enough time
    to record the animated gif was how long I spent.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  6. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:21:00 +0100 (CET) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matt Rudge:

    > Celebrity Arses by Crapman!!

    A well deserved 75p and a packet of Rolos, it was certainly one of my
    favourites (due to the absurdity of it all, not the, erm, visual
    content, you understand). I suspect it will be made into a TV show
    later in the year, in fact Crapman is probably already on the phone to
    ITV (they'll commission anything).

    Do I get a prize for making a game so crap that it managed to come
    last?

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  7. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    > Anyway, without further ado, the winner of the comp.sys.sinclair Crap
    > Games Compo 2006 is.........
    >
    > Celebrity Arses by Crapman!!

    Congratulations Crapman.

    regards andy

  8. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Matt Rudge wrote:
    > The CGC2006 is now officially over - and we have a winner.
    >
    > Hundreds of votes were cast, and my ZX80 nearly overheated twice while
    > tabulating them all (it's not all bad, I burnt out three C64s trying to
    > do the same thing).
    >
    > Anyway, without further ado, the winner of the comp.sys.sinclair Crap
    > Games Compo 2006 is.........
    >
    > Celebrity Arses by Crapman!!

    Congrats Crapman. Thirteenth is by far my best placing. Well, it's my
    only placing.

    Daren

  9. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Daren did eloquently scribble:
    > Matt Rudge wrote:
    >> The CGC2006 is now officially over - and we have a winner.
    >>
    >> Hundreds of votes were cast, and my ZX80 nearly overheated twice while
    >> tabulating them all (it's not all bad, I burnt out three C64s trying to
    >> do the same thing).
    >>
    >> Anyway, without further ado, the winner of the comp.sys.sinclair Crap
    >> Games Compo 2006 is.........
    >>
    >> Celebrity Arses by Crapman!!
    >>

    > Congrats Crapman. Thirteenth is by far my best placing. Well, it's my
    > only placing.

    23rd place!?
    Pa-the-ticly good.

  10. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Daren wrote:
    > Congrats Crapman. Thirteenth is by far my best placing. Well, it's
    > my only placing.

    Must actually make an effort this year...

    I don't think I've ever entered anything that took more than about a
    half hour. That includes thinking up a bad idea and making a cuppa.

  11. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Matt Rudge wrote:

    > Paul E Collins wibbled:
    >
    >> I'm a bit suspicious about "Z2A" doing so well. You got all your
    >> mates to vote, didn't you?

    > I can appreciate why many suspicious minds might think that. So I've
    > already initiated a detailed cash-for-honours inquiry. Naturally
    > there's also an injunction against reporting on the inquiry, so the
    > results will be confidential, but I'm confident that the impartiality
    > of the competition will be upheld.

    Of course, you will be shutting down all the sites on the Interweb
    involving voting until the investigation is complete? The public must
    have complete confidence.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  12. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Duncan Snowden wibbled:

    > Matt Rudge wrote:
    >
    > > Paul E Collins wibbled:
    > >
    > > > I'm a bit suspicious about "Z2A" doing so well. You got all your
    > > > mates to vote, didn't you?

    > > I can appreciate why many suspicious minds might think that. So
    > > I've already initiated a detailed cash-for-honours inquiry.
    > > Naturally there's also an injunction against reporting on the
    > > inquiry, so the results will be confidential, but I'm confident
    > > that the impartiality of the competition will be upheld.

    > Of course, you will be shutting down all the sites on the Interweb
    > involving voting until the investigation is complete? The public must
    > have complete confidence.

    Absolutely! We even plan to temporarily remove the words "vote",
    "voted" and "voting" from the English language until the issue is
    resolved.

    In unrelated news, the newly-created Lord Crapman was unavailable for
    comment.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  13. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Chris Young wibbled:

    > Do I get a prize for making a game so crap that it managed to come
    > last?

    Hmmmmm..... an interesting dichotomy.

    On the one hand, it could mean that your game is actually so good that
    it can't be judged as crap[1]. In which case it loses.

    Alternatively, it could be so crap that people had lost the will to
    live after playing it, and therefore couldn't be bothered voting - in
    which case it should have won!

    On a related note - do I have to do anything to submit the 2006 entries
    to your Crap Games Finder (apart from pay the plug tax, of course)?

    [1] I played ABBHOSS and this is not actually the case

    Cheers

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  14. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:40:30 +0100 (CET), Matt Rudge wibbled on for an age:

    [a coffee-splurting post - thanks for ruining another perfectly good
    keyboard]

    > On a related note - do I have to do anything to submit the 2006
    > entries to your Crap Games Finder (apart from pay the plug tax, of
    > course)?

    No, I'll do that once I get round to it[1] - just make sure the
    archive is on WoS.

    Chris

    [1] This footnote was so boring that I replaced it with this one.
    Those with hearts of stone, nerves of steel and nothing better to do
    may proceed to footnote [2], which is the footnote formally known as
    footnote 1.

    [2] This is likely to be after some web host shuffling, as my ultra
    cheap web-hosting is out of space, so I'm planning to get hosting
    elsewhere and move ysac (which is with a crappy free host) into the
    vacated space. It's less complicated than it sounds (although tbh, it
    doesn't sound very complicated, so it'll probably be more complicated
    than it ought to be)

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  15. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:40:30 +0100 (CET) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matt Rudge:

    > Alternatively, it could be so crap that people had lost the will to
    > live after playing it, and therefore couldn't be bothered voting

    Or, maybe they thought that they would be voting ABBHOSS *out* of the
    Big Br.. erm, competition, not letting it stay in the Big.. erm,
    CSSCGC?

    I hope your investigation investigates this important aspect of the
    competition!

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  16. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Chris Young wibbled:

    > On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:40:30 +0100 (CET) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair
    > were rappin' to MC Matt Rudge:
    >
    > > Alternatively, it could be so crap that people had lost the will to
    > > live after playing it, and therefore couldn't be bothered voting

    > Or, maybe they thought that they would be voting ABBHOSS out of the
    > Big Br.. erm, competition, not letting it stay in the Big.. erm,
    > CSSCGC?
    >
    > I hope your investigation investigates this important aspect of the
    > competition!

    The investigation has indeed looked into that, as well has the alleged
    "match fixing". You will be happy to know that the inquiry has now
    concluded.

    However, its findings are deemed to be "not in the public interest",
    and so won't be released. However, rest assured that everything is
    fine. Unfortunately, the investigation required a lot of overseas
    travel (on your behalf), and so the plug tax will have to be hiked
    considerably in order to pay for it.

    Now move along, there's nothing more to see here....

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  17. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Matt Rudge wrote:

    > The investigation has indeed looked into that, as well has the alleged
    > "match fixing". You will be happy to know that the inquiry has now
    > concluded.
    >
    > However, its findings are deemed to be "not in the public interest",
    > and so won't be released. However, rest assured that everything is
    > fine. Unfortunately, the investigation required a lot of overseas
    > travel (on your behalf), and so the plug tax will have to be hiked
    > considerably in order to pay for it.
    >
    > Now move along, there's nothing more to see here....

    Resign!

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  18. Re: CGC2006 - THE WINNER!!!

    Duncan Snowden wibbled:

    > Matt Rudge wrote:
    >
    > > The investigation has indeed looked into that, as well has the
    > > alleged "match fixing". You will be happy to know that the inquiry
    > > has now concluded.
    > >
    > > However, its findings are deemed to be "not in the public interest",
    > > and so won't be released. However, rest assured that everything is
    > > fine. Unfortunately, the investigation required a lot of overseas
    > > travel (on your behalf), and so the plug tax will have to be hiked
    > > considerably in order to pay for it.
    > >
    > > Now move along, there's nothing more to see here....

    > Resign!

    But I already did!!

    I'm waiting for someone to announce the start of the CGC 2007 now.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

+ Reply to Thread