"YOOGOR" and the ZX-MICROFAIR - Sinclair

This is a discussion on "YOOGOR" and the ZX-MICROFAIR - Sinclair ; Bonjour ZX81 and TS1000 fans, "YOOGOR" will be released at the ZX-MICROFAIR to be held in Germany during the week-end of March the 16th to the 18th. "YOOGOR" features Yoo who you first saw in "ZXOKO-BAN" and in "IZXOLA". More ...

  1. "YOOGOR" and the ZX-MICROFAIR

    Bonjour ZX81 and TS1000 fans,

    "YOOGOR" will be released at the ZX-MICROFAIR to be held in Germany
    during the week-end of March the 16th to the 18th. "YOOGOR" features
    Yoo who you first saw in "ZXOKO-BAN" and in "IZXOLA". More details
    about the ZX-MICROFAIR at http://www.zx-team.de.

    "YOOGOR" is an all-graphics, all-animation adventure game. The
    graphics were made only with the ZX81 characters and the program is
    written with the Sinclair basic. Yoogor is a complete character with
    head, arms, legs and body. It is not only a symbol or a letter on
    screen. He is an animated character who can walk, climb up, climb down
    and... do a little more.

    Here are some of the outstanding features of the game:

    - A 32 X 24 screen
    - Only 4 keys are needed to play the game.
    - More than 30 differents messages will apprear in the dialog box to
    help the player.

    The aim of the game is to find Yoogor's shield and to bring back
    Yoogor with his shield to his castle. Four (4) major difficulties
    await you: 1) The constant threat of falling of the edges, 2) The
    secrets of the gates opening, 3) The selection of the safest path to
    continue and, 4) The various traps along your quest.

    Even if the game runs within only 16kb of memory, do not expect to
    complete the game within an hour. It is really a long adventure game
    as you have never seen yet on the ZX81 or TS1000.

    For more infos about "YOOGOR", visit the web sites listed below.

    Goodby(t)e, ANDRE***
    http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre/andre.htm

  2. Re: "YOOGOR" and the ZX-MICROFAIR

    Good job André*** !

  3. Re: "YOOGOR" and the ZX-MICROFAIR

    In news:1173126366.441328.103850@h3g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com,
    ANDRE*** typed:

    > - A 32 X 24 screen
    > - Only 4 keys are needed to play the game.
    > - More than 30 differents messages will apprear in the dialog box to
    > help the player.

    I realise that you do a lot of really good work for the zx81, and that 32x24
    probably *is* quite difficult on an zx81 (it's not that hard on a speccy
    tho), but the rest isn't really that outstanding.

    Is it?

    D.

  4. Re: "YOOGOR" and the ZX-MICROFAIR

    I find it impressive and will check it for sure.

    @Gasman: when you have the time, please reply to my p.m. on w.o.s.
    Thx.

  5. Re: "YOOGOR" and the ZX-MICROFAIR

    By the way, Andre... I was reading something you wrote 16 years ago:

    "I'm 49 years old, but I still move, read and act like a 16-yr old."

    Keep that way forever.

    Respect.

  6. Re: "YOOGOR" and the ZX-MICROFAIR

    zxbruno did eloquently scribble:
    > By the way, Andre... I was reading something you wrote 16 years ago:

    > "I'm 49 years old, but I still move, read and act like a 16-yr old."

    > Keep that way forever.

    Nah, safer to act like an 18 year old...
    You can't get done for going out with 18 y/o's.