Spectaculator Vista Solution - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Spectaculator Vista Solution - Sinclair ; Hi, just tried to get Spectaculator to work on Windows Vista, but no luck, crashes, even with compatibility mode. Does anyone know a solution for that already? Which emulator works with Vista? Thanks for all help....

  1. Spectaculator Vista Solution

    Hi,
    just tried to get Spectaculator to work on Windows Vista, but no luck,
    crashes, even with compatibility mode.

    Does anyone know a solution for that already?

    Which emulator works with Vista?

    Thanks for all help.

  2. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    news.pt.lu did eloquently scribble:
    > Hi,
    > just tried to get Spectaculator to work on Windows Vista, but no luck,
    > crashes, even with compatibility mode.

    > Does anyone know a solution for that already?

    > Which emulator works with Vista?

    I'd suspect none of them, cos none of the emulator authors have been foolish
    enough to get vista yet.

  3. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    news.pt.lu wrote:

    > Thanks for all help.

    Hi!

    I would try 'Klive', in any case!

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  4. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    Obviously you like viral operating systems then...:-)

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "news.pt.lu" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > just tried to get Spectaculator to work on Windows Vista, but no luck,
    > crashes, even with compatibility mode.
    >
    > Does anyone know a solution for that already?
    >
    > Which emulator works with Vista?
    >
    > Thanks for all help.

  5. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:09:29 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC news.pt.lu:

    > Which emulator works with Vista?

    Well, the Windows emulator apparently doesn't.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  6. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:09:29 +0100, "news.pt.lu"
    wrote:

    >Which emulator works with Vista?

    I hear EmuzWin works with Vista. Not that I've tried it myself.

  7. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    On Mar 3, 3:06 pm, Woody
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:09:29 +0100, "news.pt.lu"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Which emulator works with Vista?

    > I hear EmuzWin works with Vista. Not that I've tried it myself.

    I'd love to know how much Microsnot pay PC manufacturers to put Vista
    on their machines when nobody really wants it.

  8. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    news.pt.lu escreveu:

    > Which emulator works with Vista?

    Try using Qemu, then run Linux on top of that, and then Fuse on top of
    Linux. Should be fun :-)

    --
    KLP2

  9. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    There are reports over on WoS that Spectaculator and Spin both work
    under Vista. Quite why anyone would install Vista before there are any
    DirectX 10 games to play on it is beyond me. If you want to step up
    from XP then Server 2003 is the way to go (and you can get that to run
    almost all XP software). There's a handy section on turning your 2003
    install from a server to a workstation. For anyone who will not be
    playing DirectX 10 games, Vista is a waste of cash. Server 2007 (or
    2008 depending on when it comes out) could be useful if you do a lot
    of virtualization. Personally I'll be running Windows Server 2003 and
    Solaris 10 under VMware on Mac OS 10.5 when it ships. I've bought the
    idiots guide to programming with GNU software and I'm going to try and
    build FUSE under Solaris 10.

  10. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    cheveron@gmail.com escreveu:
    > There are reports over on WoS that Spectaculator and Spin both work
    > under Vista. Quite why anyone would install Vista before there are any
    > DirectX 10 games to play on it is beyond me. If you want to step up
    > from XP then Server 2003 is the way to go (and you can get that to run
    > almost all XP software). There's a handy section on turning your 2003
    > install from a server to a workstation. For anyone who will not be
    > playing DirectX 10 games, Vista is a waste of cash. Server 2007 (or
    > 2008 depending on when it comes out) could be useful if you do a lot
    > of virtualization. Personally I'll be running Windows Server 2003 and
    > Solaris 10 under VMware on Mac OS 10.5 when it ships. I've bought the
    > idiots guide to programming with GNU software and I'm going to try and
    > build FUSE under Solaris 10.

    I agree with you regarding Vista, it won't be usable for a while now...
    but did you know that Andy Noble's Manic Miner remake won't work
    properly on 2003 Server? What good is a Windows that won't run Andy
    Noble's Manic Miner?

    --
    KLP2

  11. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    I would have thought that the cost of 2003 Server is more than enough to
    encourage people to stay with XP (or even Vista) rather than migrate.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

  12. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    "deKay" wrote in message
    newsuqsu21002n7gag2k67offd4hjuq5o2ou2@4ax.com...
    >I would have thought that the cost of 2003 Server is more than enough to
    > encourage people to stay with XP (or even Vista) rather than migrate.

    Absolutely. Not to mention that Vista is actually a much, much better client
    OS than Server 2003, no matter how much time you spend re-enabling all the
    normally disabled XP functionality. Give it a few months for driver and
    application compatability issues to be sorted out and you'll never have to
    look back.

    AndyC

  13. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    KLP 2:

    > I agree with you regarding Vista, it won't be usable for a while now...
    > but did you know that Andy Noble's Manic Miner remake won't work
    > properly on 2003 Server? What good is a Windows that won't run Andy
    > Noble's Manic Miner?

    Well I could run the MacOS X port. I'm surprised it doesn't work under
    Server 2003 though. I'll have to download it at the weekend and run
    some tests.

    And I take the point on cost. I'm using Server 2003 under MSDN
    licensing arangements. Installing Manic Miner is stretching it, but I
    think I could argue it comes under compatibility testing.

  14. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    cheveron@gmail.com escreveu:

    > And I take the point on cost. I'm using Server 2003 under MSDN
    > licensing arangements. Installing Manic Miner is stretching it, but I
    > think I could argue it comes under compatibility testing.

    You can call it a "productivity enhancing application" ;-)

    --
    KLP2

  15. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > news.pt.lu did eloquently scribble:
    > > Hi,
    > > just tried to get Spectaculator to work on Windows Vista, but no
    > > luck, crashes, even with compatibility mode.

    > > Does anyone know a solution for that already?

    > > Which emulator works with Vista?

    > I'd suspect none of them, cos none of the emulator authors have been
    > foolish enough to get vista yet.

    I'd be extremely shocked if vbSpec didn't work on Vista as I followed
    all the microsoft guidlines about how to do things like a good little
    boy. There's no reason that I can think of for it not to work.
    --
    Chris Cowley

  16. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    In news:xn0f419as2kz2a5000@news.clara.net,
    Chris Cowley typed:

    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >
    >> news.pt.lu did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> just tried to get Spectaculator to work on Windows Vista, but no
    >>> luck, crashes, even with compatibility mode.

    >>> Does anyone know a solution for that already?

    >>> Which emulator works with Vista?

    >> I'd suspect none of them, cos none of the emulator authors have been
    >> foolish enough to get vista yet.

    > I'd be extremely shocked if vbSpec didn't work on Vista as I followed
    > all the microsoft guidlines about how to do things like a good little
    > boy. There's no reason that I can think of for it not to work.

    The current development version of ZXSpin works in Vista, and a new
    Spectaculator has just been released with fixes to the bugs that prevented
    it working in Vista. EmuZWin also works in Vista.

    I've not heard of anyone running vbSpec in Vista yet though.

    D.

  17. Re: Spectaculator Vista Solution

    Dunny wrote:

    > In news:xn0f419as2kz2a5000@news.clara.net,
    > Chris Cowley typed:
    >
    > > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > >
    > >>news.pt.lu did eloquently scribble:

    > > > I'd suspect none of them, cos none of the emulator authors have
    > > > been foolish enough to get vista yet.

    > > I'd be extremely shocked if vbSpec didn't work on Vista as I
    > > followed all the microsoft guidlines about how to do things like a
    > > good little boy. There's no reason that I can think of for it not
    > > to work.

    > The current development version of ZXSpin works in Vista, and a new
    > Spectaculator has just been released with fixes to the bugs that
    > prevented it working in Vista. EmuZWin also works in Vista.
    >
    > I've not heard of anyone running vbSpec in Vista yet though.

    Probably 'cause nobody's running vbSpec full-stop. I know I don't!
    --
    SlowerThanYou

+ Reply to Thread