Sinclair Emulators on Win CE 2.11? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Sinclair Emulators on Win CE 2.11? - Sinclair ; Hi, Does anyone know of any emulators for the zx81 and spectrums that run on WindowsCE 2.11. I've been given a Jornada 680 palmtop computer and would like to be able to play my favourite zx software on it whilst ...

  1. Sinclair Emulators on Win CE 2.11?

    Hi,

    Does anyone know of any emulators for the zx81 and spectrums that run on
    WindowsCE 2.11.

    I've been given a Jornada 680 palmtop computer and would like to be able to
    play my favourite zx software on it whilst I'm away on holiday.

    Thanks in Advance

    TheDysk

  2. Re: Sinclair Emulators on Win CE 2.11?

    TheDysk wibbled:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know of any emulators for the zx81 and spectrums that run
    > on WindowsCE 2.11.
    >
    > I've been given a Jornada 680 palmtop computer and would like to be
    > able to play my favourite zx software on it whilst I'm away on
    > holiday.

    Ah the fun... I've just got PocketClive working on my new XDA. Forget
    all the other apps!!

    Anyway, I believe that the descriptively named "Sinclair Spectrum
    Emulator v1.1" should do the trick. AFAIK the Jornada 680 has a
    Hitachi SH3 processor, so this link should be the one you need:

    http://tinyurl.com/yw94wq

    This link redirects to ftp.worldofspectrum.org and is a direct link to
    the zip file.

    Have fun!

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  3. Re: Sinclair Emulators on Win CE 2.11?

    "Matt Rudge" wrote in message news:es939i$2ak$1@aioe.org...
    > TheDysk wibbled:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of any emulators for the zx81 and spectrums that run
    >> on WindowsCE 2.11.
    >>
    >> I've been given a Jornada 680 palmtop computer and would like to be
    >> able to play my favourite zx software on it whilst I'm away on
    >> holiday.
    >>

    > Ah the fun... I've just got PocketClive working on my new XDA. Forget
    > all the other apps!!
    >

    > Anyway, I believe that the descriptively named "Sinclair Spectrum
    > Emulator v1.1" should do the trick. AFAIK the Jornada 680 has a
    > Hitachi SH3 processor, so this link should be the one you need:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yw94wq
    >
    > This link redirects to ftp.worldofspectrum.org and is a direct link to
    > the zip file.
    >
    > Have fun!
    >
    > --
    > Matt
    > www.mattrudge.net

    Thanks Matt for that. That will hit the spot perfectly.

    Cheers

    Simon

  4. Re: Sinclair Emulators on Win CE 2.11?

    "TheDysk" wrote in message
    news:fPPFh.85058$k82.70419@fe07.news.easynews.com. ..
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know of any emulators for the zx81 and spectrums that run on
    > WindowsCE 2.11.
    >
    > I've been given a Jornada 680 palmtop computer and would like to be able
    > to play my favourite zx software on it whilst I'm away on holiday.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > TheDysk

    Downloaded and installed the Emulator suggested by Matt. Loads no problem
    and can load games but the letter 'O' doe snot work within the emulator.

    All other keys work with no problems. Can anybody suggest why just the
    letter 'O' does not work?

    Cheers

    Simon

+ Reply to Thread