Windows C++ favour required - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Windows C++ favour required - Sinclair ; Hello, all.. This might sound a bit odd, but bear with me.. I'm trying to compile a small c++ program (to a Windows EXE) which I think might help me with a problem at work.. It's in this file here: ...

  1. Windows C++ favour required

    Hello, all..

    This might sound a bit odd, but bear with me..

    I'm trying to compile a small c++ program (to a Windows EXE) which I
    think might help me with a problem at work..

    It's in this file here:

    http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/pub...-latest.tar.gz

    The demo program is sapwatch (in testprogs)..

    I've tried compiling it using Microsoft Visual C++ but it threw up an
    error, and I haven't a clue what to do with it as C++ is soooo not my
    thang..

    Is there any chance some Good Egg could have a stab at compiling this
    to a Windows EXE file? I'd be tres grateful..

    If you have any questions, you can email me at
    gerardsweeneyNOTTHISBIT@ntlworld.com

    Go on - be a Good Egg :-)

    Toodle-pip!
    Gerard

    --
    Gerard Sweeney
    Hackers Anonymous/Team Amiga

  2. Re: Windows C++ favour required

    Gerard Sweeney wrote:

    > Hello, all..
    >
    > This might sound a bit odd, but bear with me..
    >
    > I'm trying to compile a small c++ program (to a Windows EXE) which I
    > think might help me with a problem at work..

    > I've tried compiling it using Microsoft Visual C++ but it threw up an
    > error,

    Haven't got a MS V C++ with which to try it, others maybe not as well, but
    may know C++. What error does it throw up?

  3. Re: Windows C++ favour required

    C++ing into the future (Groan! Ed), Robert Newson wrote:

    > Haven't got a MS V C++ with which to try it, others maybe not as
    > well, but may know C++. What error does it throw up?

    It was complaining that it couldn't find windows.h.

    Spike compiled it on a Unix box, and that works, so I'm assuming this
    is something specific to Windows c++ compilers? Maybe?

    Toodle-pip!
    Gerard

    --
    Gerard Sweeney
    Hackers Anonymous/Team Amiga
    http://fly.to/ha3 and http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk

  4. Re: Windows C++ favour required

    Gerard Sweeney wrote:

    > C++ing into the future (Groan! Ed), Robert Newson wrote:
    >
    >> Haven't got a MS V C++ with which to try it, others maybe not as
    >> well, but may know C++. What error does it throw up?

    > It was complaining that it couldn't find windows.h.

    windows.h is an old MS C++ file from way back in the day. It's a bit like
    #include - it basically loads a whole pile of other headers.

    Write in platform neutral code and you never go wrong.

    TTFN

    Paul