New Spectrum Clone - Sinclair

This is a discussion on New Spectrum Clone - Sinclair ; Hi all. This is probably my first post to the group for about 10 years! I recently stumbled across a design for a spectrum video board that I started designing in the late 80's, but never finished, and it once ...

  1. New Spectrum Clone

    Hi all.
    This is probably my first post to the group for about 10 years!

    I recently stumbled across a design for a spectrum video board that I
    started designing in the late 80's, but never finished, and it once
    again engaged my enthusiasm. I wondered how much effort and how
    difficult it would be to design a sinclair clone from its documented
    'operation'...

    So I've just started a project to design and implement such a ZX
    Spectrum clone - but in contrast to SpeccyBob and say Chrome, I'm
    doing it from scratch and documenting everything along the way, in the
    hope that it may be of interest or use to others.

    Have a look, I'd welcome your company on this journey :-)
    Site is up, project is just starting.....

    http://www.nfluid.com/specDesign

    Cheers
    Chris

  2. Re: New Spectrum Clone

    I'd have thought with the advances, you could almost make a CP and a
    Spectrum with software switching...:-)

    Brian ducking behind cactus.

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "csmith" wrote in message
    news:1172582878.872763.61390@k78g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi all.
    > This is probably my first post to the group for about 10 years!
    >
    > I recently stumbled across a design for a spectrum video board that I
    > started designing in the late 80's, but never finished, and it once
    > again engaged my enthusiasm. I wondered how much effort and how
    > difficult it would be to design a sinclair clone from its documented
    > 'operation'...
    >
    > So I've just started a project to design and implement such a ZX
    > Spectrum clone - but in contrast to SpeccyBob and say Chrome, I'm
    > doing it from scratch and documenting everything along the way, in the
    > hope that it may be of interest or use to others.
    >
    > Have a look, I'd welcome your company on this journey :-)
    > Site is up, project is just starting.....
    >
    > http://www.nfluid.com/specDesign
    >
    > Cheers
    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread