Sinclair 1000/16 meg - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Sinclair 1000/16 meg - Sinclair ; Time to trade in that PC and get yourself a real computer! http://cgi.ebay.com/Timex-Sinclair-1...QQcmdZViewItem...

  1. Sinclair 1000/16 meg

    Time to trade in that PC and get yourself a real computer!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Timex-Sinclair-1...QQcmdZViewItem

  2. Re: Sinclair 1000/16 meg

    "Webster" wrote:
    > Time to trade in that PC and get yourself a real computer!
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/Timex-Sinclair-1...QQcmdZViewItem

    Ummm, 16 *meg*?

    Don't think so.

    --
    ZXF: Download the free Spectrum magazine:
    www.cwood****.co.uk/zxf

  3. Re: Sinclair 1000/16 meg

    "Webster" wrote:
    > Time to trade in that PC and get yourself a real computer!
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/Timex-Sinclair-1...QQcmdZViewItem

    Ummm, 16 *meg*?

    Don't think so.

    --
    ZXF: Download the free Spectrum magazine:
    www.cwood****.co.uk/zxf

  4. Re: Sinclair 1000/16 meg

    "Colin Wood****" wrote in message
    > "Webster" wrote:
    > > Time to trade in that PC and get yourself a real computer!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Timex-Sinclair-1...rs-manual_W0QQ
    itemZ300083046945QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte

    > Ummm, 16 *meg*?
    >
    > Don't think so.
    >

    > --
    > ZXF: Download the free Spectrum magazine:
    > www.cwood****.co.uk/zxf

    That'll be the eBay mentality, they don't believe Kilobytes ever existed
    when composing listings :-)

  5. Re: Sinclair 1000/16 meg

    On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:08:20 -0000, "Colin Wood****"
    wrote:

    >"Webster" wrote:
    >> Time to trade in that PC and get yourself a real computer!
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Timex-Sinclair-1...QQcmdZViewItem

    >Ummm, 16 *meg*?
    >
    >Don't think so.

    Imagine if it was though

  6. Re: Sinclair 1000/16 meg

    Colin Wood**** did eloquently scribble:
    > "Webster" wrote:
    >> Time to trade in that PC and get yourself a real computer!
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Timex-Sinclair-1...QQcmdZViewItem

    > Ummm, 16 *meg*?

    > Don't think so.

    Maybe that's why it's "not working"

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  7. Re: Sinclair 1000/16 meg

    "Lister" wrote in message
    >>Ummm, 16 *meg*?
    >>Don't think so.

    > Imagine if it was though

    Okay.

    I could make you one. Really.

    I got plenty of old PC DRAM modules just looking for an application!

    I just need a ZX81 to wire one into.

    Thing is I can't see what anyone would use it for.

    You'd need days to fill it from a tape deck, and software that would use it.

  8. Re: Sinclair 1000/16 meg

    On 20 Feb., 22:21, "Kryten"
    wrote:

    > I could make you one. Really.

    The ZX-Team made one (okay, only 1 meg) ...

    > I got plenty of old PC DRAM modules just looking for an application!

    SRAMs would be better (see below) ..

    > I just need a ZX81 to wire one into.

    -> eBay

    > Thing is I can't see what anyone would use it for.

    I use 1/2 meg of my battery buffered SRAMs as ramdisk

    > You'd need days to fill it from a tape deck, and software that would use it.

    I used a serial port to load software from the PC into my Zeddy. An
    application of the ZX-Team for their 1 meg. ram card is: animated
    cartoons.
    For a first impression see:

    http://www.ts1000.us/index.htm

    Anything is possible with a ZX81 ;-)