+3 sound fix - Sinclair

This is a discussion on +3 sound fix - Sinclair ; Hi, for some eighteen years now I've been playing with the idea of fixing sound on my +3. Now that I finally came to implementing it, I seem to be unable to find any documentation on how to do it. ...

  1. +3 sound fix

    Hi,

    for some eighteen years now I've been playing with the idea of fixing
    sound on my +3. Now that I finally came to implementing it, I seem to be
    unable to find any documentation on how to do it. I would just like to
    do a fix as it was done in +3B, not the stereo conversion as described
    on http://www.secarica.ro/html/plus3_hardware.html#sound. Does anyone
    know of a cut-this-solder-that step-by-step instruction for this fix?
    Regards,
    --
    Miha Ambro┼ż,
    Ljubljana, Slovenia

  2. Re: +3 sound fix

    If you lok at this page http://www.secarica.ro/plus3_sound.pdf and look for
    TR5 (itys just in from the right hand side of the +3 and +3B diagrams on the
    left hand side) it shows a resistor on the +3B thats not on the first +3, so
    if you find this on the board and either cut the track going to it and
    solder a 220k resistor over the cut you will get the save sound output as
    the +3B.

    Graham

  3. Re: +3 sound fix

    Was not the real problem that when they measured the sound needed for full,
    they used one channel, and did not use all channels at once, which of
    course, clips like mad!!

    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    "Graham Prout" wrote in message
    > If you lok at this page http://www.secarica.ro/plus3_sound.pdf and look
    > for TR5 (itys just in from the right hand side of the +3 and +3B diagrams
    > on the left hand side) it shows a resistor on the +3B thats not on the
    > first +3, so if you find this on the board and either cut the track going
    > to it and solder a 220k resistor over the cut you will get the save sound
    > output as the +3B.
    >
    > Graham

  4. Re: +3 sound fix

    Graham Prout wrote:

    > If you lok at this page http://www.secarica.ro/plus3_sound.pdf and look for
    > TR5 (itys just in from the right hand side of the +3 and +3B diagrams on the
    > left hand side) it shows a resistor on the +3B thats not on the first +3, so
    > if you find this on the board and either cut the track going to it and
    > solder a 220k resistor over the cut you will get the save sound output as
    > the +3B.

    This indeed did the trick. Thanks. (The resistor is 220 ohms, though.)
    The way I did it is described on
    http://home.amis.net/mambroz/misc/plus3soundfix.htm
    --
    Miha Ambroż
    Ljubljana, Slovenia

  5. Re: +3 sound fix

    Cool, thats what i did when i did mine, just look so neet as well

    Graham

+ Reply to Thread