Bah humbug and other webserver woes - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Bah humbug and other webserver woes - Sinclair ; Greetings all, I got back last night, after a not-entirely-relaxing holiday, to find that my web host had inexplicably dropped all my mail forwarders. This means that all the CGC voting has been diverted to the standard "catch-all" account which ...

  1. Bah humbug and other webserver woes

    Greetings all,

    I got back last night, after a not-entirely-relaxing holiday, to find
    that my web host had inexplicably dropped all my mail forwarders.

    This means that all the CGC voting has been diverted to the standard
    "catch-all" account which is, naturally, full of spam. So it might
    take a little longer than initially expected to process all the votes.

    I suppose it will give me something to do while my jet-lagged brain
    attempts to convince itself that it's back on GMT.

    --
    Matt
    CGC2006 - www.mattrudge.net/cgc2006

  2. Re: Bah humbug and other webserver woes

    Matt Rudge did eloquently scribble:
    > Greetings all,

    > I got back last night, after a not-entirely-relaxing holiday, to find
    > that my web host had inexplicably dropped all my mail forwarders.

    > This means that all the CGC voting has been diverted to the standard
    > "catch-all" account which is, naturally, full of spam. So it might
    > take a little longer than initially expected to process all the votes.

    > I suppose it will give me something to do while my jet-lagged brain
    > attempts to convince itself that it's back on GMT.

    Curses, forgot about that... oh well, I voted for a few, but not all.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  3. Re: Bah humbug and other webserver woes

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wibbled:

    > Matt Rudge did eloquently scribble:
    >
    > > This means that all the CGC voting has been diverted to the standard
    > > "catch-all" account which is, naturally, full of spam. So it might
    > > take a little longer than initially expected to process all the
    > > votes.

    > Curses, forgot about that... oh well, I voted for a few, but not all.

    Ah well - you've still got plenty of time. (Hint hint everyone)

    I would have sent a post or two to remind people, but my holiday got in
    the way. I didnt bring my laptop with me, so I was annoyed when we got
    to the hotel and found out there was free broadband Internet access in
    the room. The missus might have had something to say about it if I had
    brought my computer, though

    --
    Matt
    CGC2006 - www.mattrudge.net/cgc2006

  4. Re: Bah humbug and other webserver woes

    Matt Rudge did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wibbled:

    >> Matt Rudge did eloquently scribble:
    >>
    >> > This means that all the CGC voting has been diverted to the standard
    >> > "catch-all" account which is, naturally, full of spam. So it might
    >> > take a little longer than initially expected to process all the
    >> > votes.

    >> Curses, forgot about that... oh well, I voted for a few, but not all.

    > Ah well - you've still got plenty of time. (Hint hint everyone)

    > I would have sent a post or two to remind people, but my holiday got in
    > the way. I didnt bring my laptop with me, so I was annoyed when we got
    > to the hotel and found out there was free broadband Internet access in
    > the room. The missus might have had something to say about it if I had
    > brought my computer, though

    Thumb...

    You

    | in |good to you so far... |