Google Video absorbs You Tube - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Google Video absorbs You Tube - Sinclair ; I've just noticed that Google Video now has all the You Tube Videos so there are 276 "ZX Spectrum" Videos and I've been knocked off the first page. You Tube has not taken on the Google Video films so it ...

  1. Google Video absorbs You Tube

    I've just noticed that Google Video now has all the You Tube Videos so
    there are 276 "ZX Spectrum" Videos and I've been knocked off the first
    page. You Tube has not taken on the Google Video films so it looks
    like the chosen interface will be the Google one. and You Tube will
    point to Google.
    I prefer the Google interface so this suits me although it has got
    much slower with the added content.

    There is probably some duplication in there too.

    --
    G.

  2. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    On 2007-01-31, Geoff Wearmouth wrote:

    > I prefer the Google interface so this suits me although it has got
    > much slower with the added content.

    When I go to google and search for videos, e.g. pinzgauer, it tends to
    send me to youtube which is a shame as the google video interface
    includes a download facility.

  3. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des 31 Jan 2007
    11:54:32 -0800, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "Geoff Wearmouth" fornis do
    marikano es bono tan el:

    >I've just noticed that Google Video now has all the You Tube Videos so
    >there are 276 "ZX Spectrum" Videos and I've been knocked off the first
    >page. You Tube has not taken on the Google Video films so it looks
    >like the chosen interface will be the Google one. and You Tube will
    >point to Google.

    Apparently, it's the other way round. Google Video is going to become a video
    search engine, not a video hosting site, whereas YouTube will continue as it
    is now only with the Google videos added.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

  4. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, deKay wrote:

    > Apparently, it's the other way round. Google Video is going to become a video
    > search engine, not a video hosting site, whereas YouTube will continue as it
    > is now only with the Google videos added.

    It's all very confusing - I'm still waiting to see how it plays out.
    There's still two separate databases that I'm querying: Google-only and
    YouTube-only. Until my Google queries return a few hundred new entries in
    one go I'd say everything's still up in the air, backend-wise.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/

  5. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    I can see the youtube side being slowly dropped in favour of google video.

    RND

    Geoff Wearmouth wrote:

    > I've just noticed that Google Video now has all the You Tube Videos so
    > there are 276 "ZX Spectrum" Videos and I've been knocked off the first
    > page. You Tube has not taken on the Google Video films so it looks
    > like the chosen interface will be the Google one. and You Tube will
    > point to Google.
    > I prefer the Google interface so this suits me although it has got
    > much slower with the added content.
    >
    > There is probably some duplication in there too.
    >
    > --
    > G.

  6. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 01 Feb
    2007 10:25:09 +0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk RND fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >I can see the youtube side being slowly dropped in favour of google video.

    As I pointed out, the opposite is happening.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

  7. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, RND wrote:

    > I can see the youtube side being slowly dropped in favour of google video.

    Google have announced that YouTube will be the home for user-uploaded
    content, whereas Google Video will change into a generic video websearch
    tool that will cover both YouTube and Google Video repositories, plus what
    else it can find on the web.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/
    YSRnRY documentary (1987 OUT NOW!) http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/tvprog/
    The Tipshop http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/
    ZX Video and WWW Alerts http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsscheck.pl

  8. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 1 Feb
    2007 15:42:56 +0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk Nick Humphries fornis do
    marikano es bono tan el:

    >On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, RND wrote:
    >
    >> I can see the youtube side being slowly dropped in favour of google video.

    >Google have announced that YouTube will be the home for user-uploaded
    >content, whereas Google Video will change into a generic video websearch
    >tool that will cover both YouTube and Google Video repositories, plus what
    >else it can find on the web.

    Is there an echo in here?

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  9. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, deKay wrote:

    > Is there an echo in here?

    Can't be. My voice was so much more butch-sounding.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/
    YSRnRY documentary (1987 OUT NOW!) http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/tvprog/
    The Tipshop http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/
    ZX Video and WWW Alerts http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsscheck.pl

  10. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    Nick Humphries did eloquently scribble:
    > On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, deKay wrote:

    >> Is there an echo in here?

    > Can't be. My voice was so much more butch-sounding.

    Ahhhh, NOW I understand the old wive's tale they disproved on brainiac...

    It wasn't a DUCK doesn't echo... It was a DUCKY doesn't...

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  11. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/h5s2h

    --
    Kev
    "Mr Campbell, who was on the boat deck, jumped to the rails and threw a

  12. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    deKay wrote:
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des 31 Jan 2007
    > 11:54:32 -0800, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    > yawatina tan reek esk "Geoff Wearmouth" fornis do
    > marikano es bono tan el:
    >
    >> I've just noticed that Google Video now has all the You Tube Videos so
    >> there are 276 "ZX Spectrum" Videos and I've been knocked off the first
    >> page. You Tube has not taken on the Google Video films so it looks
    >> like the chosen interface will be the Google one. and You Tube will
    >> point to Google.

    > Apparently, it's the other way round. Google Video is going to become a video
    > search engine, not a video hosting site, whereas YouTube will continue as it
    > is now only with the Google videos added.

    I hope YouTube remove their 10 minute/100 MB limit on their videos.
    That's the main reason why I prefer Google Video.

    Daren

  13. Re: Google Video absorbs You Tube

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sat, 03 Feb
    2007 20:59:18 +0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk Daren fornis do marikano
    es bono tan el:

    >I hope YouTube remove their 10 minute/100 MB limit on their videos.
    >That's the main reason why I prefer Google Video.

    I would imagine they will, what with Google running the place now and all.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
    "But he was just a puppet of Dark Evil X from Outer Space"

+ Reply to Thread