+3 spectrum command - Sinclair

This is a discussion on +3 spectrum command - Sinclair ; Is there anyway i can switch from +3 basic to 48k basic on the fly i.e.- 10 print "hello" 20 spectrum 30 goto 10 but the above wont work as you you get the out 7I, 0:1 message, but there ...

  1. +3 spectrum command

    Is there anyway i can switch from +3 basic to 48k basic on the fly i.e.-
    10 print "hello"
    20 spectrum
    30 goto 10

    but the above wont work as you you get the out 7I, 0:1 message, but there
    must be a way, either a poke or somthing?

    Any help please.

    --

    Regards

    Graham
    Spectrum Plus3 - Multiface3 - ZXAZTASP - 3.5 External drive - ABBA Switch
    Spectrum 48K - Plus D
    Amstrad 6128 - 2 x Rom Box - Multiface2 - 512k Ram Expantion - 3.5 External
    Drive - ABBA Switch

  2. Re: +3 spectrum command

    I seem to recall that there was, but its a bit unstable and all it will do
    is run like a 48k, ie the hardware is still drivable with outs.

    Its been a long time and with no access to printed word any more I'm a bit
    rusty.

    It had something to do with system variables as I recall.
    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    "Graham Prout" wrote in message
    > Is there anyway i can switch from +3 basic to 48k basic on the fly i.e.-
    > 10 print "hello"
    > 20 spectrum
    > 30 goto 10
    >
    > but the above wont work as you you get the out 7I, 0:1 message, but there
    > must be a way, either a poke or somthing?
    >
    > Any help please.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Regards

    > Graham
    > Spectrum Plus3 - Multiface3 - ZXAZTASP - 3.5 External drive - ABBA Switch
    > Spectrum 48K - Plus D
    > Amstrad 6128 - 2 x Rom Box - Multiface2 - 512k Ram Expantion - 3.5
    > External Drive - ABBA Switch

  3. Re: +3 spectrum command

    Graham Prout wrote:
    > Is there anyway i can switch from +3 basic to 48k basic on the fly i.e.-
    > 10 print "hello"
    > 20 spectrum
    > 30 goto 10
    >
    > but the above wont work as you you get the out 7I, 0:1 message, but there
    > must be a way, either a poke or somthing?
    >
    > Any help please.

    There was an "Outlet" one-line utility called TOGMOD which you MERGEd into
    your program and invoked with GOSUB 9010. I've just tested it in
    Spectaculator and it works both ways (+3 to 48K Basic and vice versa).

    TOGMOD can be found in this disk image:
    http://www.aliquis.plus.com/NG/utilities.DSK

    Also I seem to remember that there was a RANDOMIZE USR call which would
    switch both ways, but I can't track it down.

    JP

  4. Re: +3 spectrum command

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Graham Prout wrote:

    > Is there anyway i can switch from +3 basic to 48k basic on the fly i.e.-
    > 10 print "hello"
    > 20 spectrum
    > 30 goto 10

    That would never work anyway, because 48k mode has no SPECTRUM command.
    Even if this worked, the second iteration of the loop would result in a
    Nonsense in BASIC message.

    :-)

    --
    Please remove all-your-clothes before replying.

  5. Re: +3 spectrum command

    I understand that, i was just stating that it would not work

    Graham

+ Reply to Thread