Spectrum addok keyboard - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Spectrum addok keyboard - Sinclair ; Hi there, I've just won on ebay and received an addon Spectrum keyboard, however it seems to have no company markings or identification on it. I know it's not a DKtronics, or a Saga Emperor, but am at a loo ...

  1. Spectrum addok keyboard

    Hi there,

    I've just won on ebay and received an addon Spectrum keyboard, however it
    seems to have no company markings or identification on it. I know it's not
    a DKtronics, or a Saga Emperor, but am at a loo as to what it actually is.

    I've taken a couple of pictures and posted them here :-

    http://daria.bio.warwick.ac.uk/~bshu/SpectrumKbd/

    Cheers.

    Phill.

  2. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:02:44 +0000 (UTC), Prime
    wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I've just won on ebay and received an addon Spectrum keyboard, however it
    >seems to have no company markings or identification on it. I know it's not
    >a DKtronics, or a Saga Emperor, but am at a loo

    Why are you posting from the loo?

    --
    We're climbing up the sunshine mountains
    Where the pretty breezes blow

  3. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On 2007-01-23, Lister wrote:

    > Why are you posting from the loo?

    Because of the convenience.

  4. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    I think he meant "loss"

    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > On 2007-01-23, Lister wrote:
    >
    >> Why are you posting from the loo?

    > Because of the convenience.

  5. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On 2007-01-23, RND wrote:

    > I think he meant "loss"

    Crumbs! Do you think so?

  6. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:29:07 +0000, RND wrote:

    >I think he meant "loss"

    No! You don't say?

    --
    We're climbing up the sunshine mountains
    Where the pretty breezes blow
    We're climbing up the sunshine mountains
    Faces all a-glow

  7. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On 2007-01-23, Lister wrote:

    > No! You don't say?

    Hey, *I'm* doing the wide-eyed sarcastic remarks in this thread, thank
    you very much.

  8. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    RND wrote in news:45b61b76$0$2638
    $9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com:

    > I think he meant "loss"

    He did indeed

    And though this house has 4 toilets, since none of them are wired for
    network, and I don't have wireless, posting from the loo would be almost
    imposible

    Soooo, anyway does anyone recognise the keyboard ?, a little more
    information that may be helpfull, the power plugs into the keyboard circuit
    board on the right hand side, and then there is a loop through power
    connector that connects to the spectrum.

    Phill.

  9. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:15:45 +0000 (UTC), Prime
    wrote:

    >RND wrote in news:45b61b76$0$2638
    >$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com:
    >
    >> I think he meant "loss"

    >He did indeed
    >
    >And though this house has 4 toilets, since none of them are wired for
    >network, and I don't have wireless, posting from the loo would be almost
    >imposible

    Well, thinking about it, all loos are networked together. Perhaps if
    some were converted to receive "packets" you could have a loo-net

    --
    We're climbing up the sunshine mountains
    Where the pretty breezes blow
    We're climbing up the sunshine mountains
    Faces all a-glow

  10. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On 2007-01-24, Lister wrote:

    > Well, thinking about it, all loos are networked together. Perhaps if
    > some were converted to receive "packets" you could have a loo-net

    As a network security bod I often have to look at packet dumps and
    regularly sniff packets, so I'd really like to kill this idea before
    it gets started.

    Anyhow with the amount of **** Microsoft puts out, they'd clog the
    loo-net in no time at all.

  11. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On 24 Jan, 00:15, Prime wrote:
    > Soooo, anyway does anyone recognise the keyboard ?, a little more
    > information that may be helpfull, the power plugs into the keyboard circuit
    > board on the right hand side, and then there is a loop through power
    > connector that connects to the spectrum.

    I have one like that. I'll dig it out and see if there's any info on
    it.

    --
    JGH - mdfs.net

  12. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > On 2007-01-23, Lister wrote:
    >
    >> No! You don't say?

    > Hey, *I'm* doing the wide-eyed sarcastic remarks in this thread, thank
    > you very much.

    Oh, yeah. Your sarcastic remarks are *brilliant*...

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  13. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    On 2007-01-24, Duncan Snowden wrote:

    > Oh, yeah. Your sarcastic remarks are *brilliant*...

    I'm glad we've got a real pro here to show us how it's done..

  14. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    Prime wrote:
    > I've just won on ebay and received an addon Spectrum keyboard, however it
    > seems to have no company markings or identification on it. I know it's not
    > a DKtronics, or a Saga Emperor, but am at a loo as to what it actually is.

    Hiya Phill,

    I have the same keyboard. I believe it's based on the Fuller FDS
    keyboard and yours like mine is extremely similar but not exactly the
    same as the Fuller

    ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...opSystem_3.jpg

    Fuller were bought out by Nordic Keyboards and they continued to release
    the FDS so perhaps this is the one we both have.

    As there is space to put the power supply in the case I'm planning to
    put it inside and make it a full unit.

    Oh and it's a welcome return to CSS as my new ISP allows newsgroups
    unlike wanadoo/orange............

    Adios,
    Matt

  15. Re: Spectrum addok keyboard

    Matthew Pimm wrote in
    news:uU_th.163350$Kh7.131212@fe2.news.blueyonder.c o.uk:

    > Prime wrote:
    >> I've just won on ebay and received an addon Spectrum keyboard,
    >> however it seems to have no company markings or identification on it.
    >> I know it's not a DKtronics, or a Saga Emperor, but am at a loo as to
    >> what it actually is.

    > Hiya Phill,

    Hi Matt,

    > I have the same keyboard. I believe it's based on the Fuller FDS
    > keyboard and yours like mine is extremely similar but not exactly the
    > same as the Fuller
    >
    > ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...ts/FullerFDSDe
    > sktopSystem_3.jpg

    Yeah that looks like it's the one

    > Fuller were bought out by Nordic Keyboards and they continued to
    > release the FDS so perhaps this is the one we both have.

    That's possible.

    > As there is space to put the power supply in the case I'm planning to
    > put it inside and make it a full unit.

    Heheh, well since I have more speccies than PSUs, I'll prolly noty do
    that, but there does look like there is indeed a space for it.

    Nice keyboard actually, has a much nicer feel than the +2/+3 keyboards,
    it's actullay quite similar to that of my Dragon 64.

    Cheers,

    Phill.

+ Reply to Thread