RFD - comp.sys.classic - Sinclair

This is a discussion on RFD - comp.sys.classic - Sinclair ; what do you guys think ? should we tell them what classic really means? http://tinyurl.com/22kmq8 Woodzy http://www.rtdos.com...

  1. RFD - comp.sys.classic

    what do you guys think ? should we tell them what classic really
    means?

    http://tinyurl.com/22kmq8

    Woodzy
    http://www.rtdos.com

  2. Re: RFD - comp.sys.classic

    On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:31:26 -0700 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Jeff Wood:

    > what do you guys think ? should we tell them what classic really
    > means?
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/22kmq8

    There's no way old PCs can be termed "classic". Old, yes. Classic -
    no.

    It's like starting a newsgroup called rec.auto.classic and deciding it
    is for discussion of old Skodas, rather than cars that really can be
    termed "classic".

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  3. Re: RFD - comp.sys.classic

    On 18 Jan 2007 22:37:08 +0000, "Chris Young"
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:31:26 -0700 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    >to MC Jeff Wood:
    >
    >> what do you guys think ? should we tell them what classic really
    >> means?
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/22kmq8

    >There's no way old PCs can be termed "classic". Old, yes. Classic -
    >no.
    >
    >It's like starting a newsgroup called rec.auto.classic and deciding it
    >is for discussion of old Skodas, rather than cars that really can be
    >termed "classic".
    >
    >Chris

    It will get bogged down with discussions over what's classic and
    what's not

    --
    We're climbing up the sunshine mountains
    Where the pretty breezes blow

  4. Re: RFD - comp.sys.classic

    Chris Young wrote:
    > There's no way old PCs can be termed "classic". Old, yes. Classic -
    > no.

    My IBM XT is classic.

    My Zenith 8088 is not

  5. Re: RFD - comp.sys.classic

    fuzzix wrote:

    > My IBM XT is classic.
    >
    > My Zenith 8088 is not

    Hi fuzzix!

    I count in the TANDY PC as a Classic Computer as well. The mighty
    Sinclair PC do also have the possibility, to connect it to an universal
    TV-Set.
    I like that.

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  6. Re: RFD - comp.sys.classic

    On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:31:26 -0700, Jeff Wood wrote:

    >what do you guys think ? should we tell them what classic really
    >means?

    We'd be better off setting up comp.sys.crisp-flavours -- er, on second
    thoughts we've already got that one. :-)

+ Reply to Thread