running select command from a script which takes input from a text file - Shell Scripting

This is a discussion on running select command from a script which takes input from a text file - Shell Scripting ; Hi, I need to run select command repeatedly based on the inputs given in a text file which will be line by line.. eg: txt file from which takes numbers as input: 123456789 234567891 345678912 the query should be like ...

  1. Question running select command from a script which takes input from a text file

    Hi,
    I need to run select command repeatedly based on the inputs given in a text file which will be line by line..
    eg:
    txt file from which takes numbers as input:

    123456789
    234567891
    345678912

    the query should be like ' select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and event_data_text like '%q%' where q= number from input file ..
    The query should be in a loop which continuosly run until all the numbers of the input file covered.
    Please anyone help me in this :-(

  2. Re: running select command from a script which takes input from a text file

    Quote Originally Posted by rput View Post
    Hi,
    I need to run select command repeatedly based on the inputs given in a text file which will be line by line..
    eg:
    txt file from which takes numbers as input:

    123456789
    234567891
    345678912

    the query should be like ' select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and event_data_text like '%q%' where q= number from input file ..
    The query should be in a loop which continuosly run until all the numbers of the input file covered.
    Please anyone help me in this :-(
    If you are simply looking to go line by line through a file and have the contents of that line be put into "q=" then what about something like this:

    $ for i in $(cat numbers)
    > do
    > echo "select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and event_data_text like '%q%' where q=$i"
    > done

    [output]
    select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and event_data_text like '%q%' where q=123456789
    select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and event_data_text like '%q%' where q=234567891
    select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and event_data_text like '%q%' where q=345678912
    [/output]

    The contents of the file "numbers" is simply:

    $ cat numbers
    123456789
    234567891
    345678912

    the "for" loop would go through each line till the EOF

+ Reply to Thread