Hello

Some time ago, I posted a message on this same subject.
http://groups.google.es/group/comp.s...3?dmode=source

Today, the problem still is present (after upgrading from
IRIX64 6.4.24f to 6.5.27f); but I think I've found a workaround:

At http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=425189
it's said the fail is caused by a XkbSelectEventDetails() call; so
if you create a dynamic object which replaces that function, the
application will start:

$ tail -1 /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5 (Final)

$ ./hello_gtk
The program 'hello_gtk' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
(Details: serial 68 error_code 2 request_code 139 minor_code 1)

$ cat xkb.c
int XkbSelectEventDetails(void *d, int ds, int ev, long b, long v) {return 1;}
$ gcc -fPIC -shared -Wl,-soname,xkb.so -o xkb.so xkb.c
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD LD_PRELOAD=xkb.so ./hello_gtk

... and "hello_gtk" runs fine.

--
PGP and other useless info at \
http://webdiis.unizar.es/~spd/ \