Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006) - SGI

This is a discussion on Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006) - SGI ; The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake), SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI ...

  1. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006)

    The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the
    scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
    SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on
    SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
    They are available as files 'autoadmin.shar.*' from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
    (Note: these files were last updated Aug 1, 2006).

    The dot file scripts, which are copies of the .cshrc / .login / .profile
    / etc scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
    SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 5.X systems; they also were used on
    SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
    They are available as files 'dotfiles.shar.*' from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
    (Note: these files were last updated Aug 1, 2006).

    The BSD to HP-UX porting tricks, a set of notes and helpful C routines
    for porting programs to HP-UX, are available from URL:
    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/HPTRICKS
    This file also contains a driver program and functions to obtain the
    load average on a wide variety of systems, including HP-UX, IRIX,
    SunOS, Solaris, DEC OSF, Stardent(!), and even for systems with no
    /dev/kmem access (or if you can't get your program to be setgid to the
    "kmem" group because you do not have 'root' access).
    (Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).
    --
    In the corporate food chain, I am plankton. Mike Peterson
    U/T Network Security

  2. Re: Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Aug 1, 2006)

    Mike Peterson wrote:
    > The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the

    On the off chance you ever read what you automatically post (always at
    0600, so obviously automatically done), is there any chance you could
    stop it? The files have not changed for ages, so why keep sending the
    message?

    It seems you have taken automation too far to me.

+ Reply to Thread