SGI Fuel diagnostics? - SGI

This is a discussion on SGI Fuel diagnostics? - SGI ; I have an SGI Fuel that was working yesterday and sometime during the night had a problem. This morning I power off the box and power it back on. The LED bar goes RED (normal), then starts blinking WHITE (normal). ...

  1. SGI Fuel diagnostics?

    I have an SGI Fuel that was working yesterday and sometime during the
    night had a problem. This morning I power off the box and power it back
    on. The LED bar goes RED (normal), then starts blinking WHITE (normal).
    This box (to memory) blinks WHITE 15 times then goes solid WHITE as
    the os starts.

    Today the box blinks WHITE nine times, then goes to blinking RED. I know
    there is a hardware fault somewhere. What is tested at the ninth WHITE
    blink? Where is the fault?

    I've cracked the box, reset memory and cables, etc. The box still starts
    RED blinking after the ninth WHITE blink.

    Mike

  2. Re: SGI Fuel diagnostics?

    Mike schrieb:
    > I have an SGI Fuel that was working yesterday and sometime during the
    > night had a problem. This morning I power off the box and power it back
    > on. The LED bar goes RED (normal), then starts blinking WHITE (normal).
    > This box (to memory) blinks WHITE 15 times then goes solid WHITE as
    > the os starts.
    >
    > Today the box blinks WHITE nine times, then goes to blinking RED. I know
    > there is a hardware fault somewhere. What is tested at the ninth WHITE
    > blink? Where is the fault?
    >
    > I've cracked the box, reset memory and cables, etc. The box still starts
    > RED blinking after the ninth WHITE blink.

    Hook up a serial cable and see whats your machine doing. Also worth is a
    connection to the L1 controller.

    regards
    Joerg

    --
    TakeNet GmbH, Geschaeftsfuehrer Wolfgang Meier
    97080 Wuerzburg Tel: +49 931 903-2243

+ Reply to Thread