"prof" error - SGI

This is a discussion on "prof" error - SGI ; Hi, I have a problem with performing speedshop. I use fortran 77 (64bit) that runs in IRIX 6.4. In order to perform profiling code, recently speedshop (1.3. pretty old version), workshop, workshop MPF was installed. No one have not used ...

  1. "prof" error

    Hi,

    I have a problem with performing speedshop.

    I use fortran 77 (64bit) that runs in IRIX 6.4.

    In order to perform profiling code, recently speedshop (1.3. pretty
    old version), workshop, workshop MPF was installed. No one have not
    used speedshop except me. So far I couldn't do profiling code.
    I need help~~~!

    I used "ssrun -usertime B263M9.exe" and got output file
    "B263M9.exe.usertime.mXX". And it seems fine to read information from
    that output file when I use "ssdump B263M9.exe.usertime.mXX".

    However I got an error messege when I used "prof
    B263M9.exe.usertime.mXX".
    The following is the error messege.
    prof: FATAL ERROR: no text in DSO: /usr/lib64/libm.so at pc:
    0xffffffffffffffff

    I am not sure whether it is a problem in old speedshop or I did
    something wrong.

    I am not sure whether it is relevant to above problem, but I tried
    "pixie B263M9.exe", and I got anther error.
    Beginning libraries
    ../libftn.so.pix64 is up to date.
    ../libm.so.pix64 is up to date.
    /usr/lib64/libc.so.1
    pixie: ERROR: notransform block [da16a38, da16a54] contains multiple
    basic blocks. [/usr/lib64/libc.so.1].
    pixie: ERROR: Unable to instrument /usr/lib64/libc.so.1
    [B263testM9.exe].

    Can anyone help me to find what the problem is? ^^*
    I really want to solve this problem. I have tried to solve it for two
    weeks already.

    Thank you so much~!

  2. Re: "prof" error

    I suggest you register at www.nekochan.net and post your question there -
    they are quite a bit more lively & helpful than
    comp.sys.sgi.<...> is nowadays :-)

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1193869228.366284.284030@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with performing speedshop.
    >
    > I use fortran 77 (64bit) that runs in IRIX 6.4.
    >
    > In order to perform profiling code, recently speedshop (1.3. pretty
    > old version), workshop, workshop MPF was installed. No one have not
    > used speedshop except me. So far I couldn't do profiling code.
    > I need help~~~!
    >
    > I used "ssrun -usertime B263M9.exe" and got output file
    > "B263M9.exe.usertime.mXX". And it seems fine to read information from
    > that output file when I use "ssdump B263M9.exe.usertime.mXX".
    >
    > However I got an error messege when I used "prof
    > B263M9.exe.usertime.mXX".
    > The following is the error messege.
    > ================================================== ===
    > prof: FATAL ERROR: no text in DSO: /usr/lib64/libm.so at pc:
    > 0xffffffffffffffff
    > ================================================== ===
    >
    > I am not sure whether it is a problem in old speedshop or I did
    > something wrong.
    >
    > I am not sure whether it is relevant to above problem, but I tried
    > "pixie B263M9.exe", and I got anther error.
    > ================================================== ====
    > Beginning libraries
    > ./libftn.so.pix64 is up to date.
    > ./libm.so.pix64 is up to date.
    > /usr/lib64/libc.so.1
    > pixie: ERROR: notransform block [da16a38, da16a54] contains multiple
    > basic blocks. [/usr/lib64/libc.so.1].
    > pixie: ERROR: Unable to instrument /usr/lib64/libc.so.1
    > [B263testM9.exe].
    >
    > Can anyone help me to find what the problem is? ^^*
    > I really want to solve this problem. I have tried to solve it for two
    > weeks already.
    >
    > Thank you so much~!

+ Reply to Thread