Octane and O2 memory - SGI

This is a discussion on Octane and O2 memory - SGI ; Does the O2 use the same memory as an Octane? Thanks in advance Jim...

  1. Octane and O2 memory

    Does the O2 use the same memory as an Octane?

    Thanks in advance

    Jim

  2. Re: Octane and O2 memory

    James Casey wrote:
    > Does the O2 use the same memory as an Octane?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Jim

    No, it's different.

  3. Re: Octane and O2 memory

    afrais not

    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, James Casey wrote:

    > Does the O2 use the same memory as an Octane?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Jim

  4. Re: Octane and O2 memory

    > afrais not

    Rather good thing, since the older 36-pin gold-plated parity SIMM modules
    are rather expensive these days. Sorry I posted, people will get angry now.

  5. Re: Octane and O2 memory

    In article ,
    joe smith wrote:
    >> afrais not

    > [ ... ] 36-pin gold-plated parity SIMM modules [ ... ]

    What?

    Perhaps you're thinking about 36-bit 72-pin SIMMs, as were used in
    Indigo2 systems.

    Gary

    --
    Gary Heston gheston@hiwaay.net

    Contrary to popular opinion, _not_ everyone loves Raymond.

+ Reply to Thread