Craylink a single CPU and a dual CPU Origin 200? - SGI

This is a discussion on Craylink a single CPU and a dual CPU Origin 200? - SGI ; Is it possible to craylink a single CPU O200 to a dual CPU O200? I have an ageing single CPU R10K 180Mhz O200 that is overloaded - I also have a spare existing dual CPU R10K 180Mhz O200 that was ...

  1. Craylink a single CPU and a dual CPU Origin 200?

    Is it possible to craylink a single CPU O200 to a dual CPU O200?

    I have an ageing single CPU R10K 180Mhz O200 that is overloaded - I
    also have a spare existing dual CPU R10K 180Mhz O200 that was part of
    a 4 CPU craylinked system.

    I would like to 'beef up' the single CPU O200 - but as it has licenced
    code keyed to its hardware, I can't just replace the single CPU box
    with the dual box. I also can not afford lengthy downtime to swap CPUs
    and or NIC chips etc.

    So, is it possible to craylink these two boxes to get 3 CPUs?

    Thanks

    James Pearson

  2. Re: Craylink a single CPU and a dual CPU Origin 200?

    "James Pearson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:21eb505a.0403050555.2782f11c@posting.google.c om...
    > Is it possible to craylink a single CPU O200 to a dual CPU O200?
    >
    > I have an ageing single CPU R10K 180Mhz O200 that is overloaded - I
    > also have a spare existing dual CPU R10K 180Mhz O200 that was part of
    > a 4 CPU craylinked system.
    >
    > I would like to 'beef up' the single CPU O200 - but as it has licenced
    > code keyed to its hardware, I can't just replace the single CPU box
    > with the dual box. I also can not afford lengthy downtime to swap CPUs
    > and or NIC chips etc.
    >
    > So, is it possible to craylink these two boxes to get 3 CPUs?

    Yes it works out of the box. I have use this combination in the pass. The
    NIC (Number in the can) is on the MSC board which is changeable with outout
    opening the box.

    regards
    Joerg

    --