CDC / SGI - SGI

This is a discussion on CDC / SGI - SGI ; I wonder what you folks think: Are the CDC rebadged PIīs and Indigos cooler than the original SGI ones? -Itīs all about looks and feeling ;] Niclas ___ SiliconGraphics, Computing in Style....

  1. CDC / SGI

    I wonder what you folks think: Are the CDC rebadged PIīs and Indigos
    cooler than the original SGI ones?

    -Itīs all about looks and feeling ;]

    Niclas
    ___

    SiliconGraphics, Computing in Style.

  2. Re: CDC / SGI

    Niclas Steinel-Hansson wrote:

    > I wonder what you folks think: Are the CDC rebadged PIīs and Indigos
    > cooler than the original SGI ones?
    >
    > -Itīs all about looks and feeling ;]

    well, i think the black Indys are the most impressive rebadged modeel.

    r15k

  3. Re: CDC / SGI

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:35:40 +0100, r15k wrote:
    > Niclas Steinel-Hansson wrote:
    >> I wonder what you folks think: Are the CDC rebadged PIīs and Indigos
    >> cooler than the original SGI ones?
    >>
    >> -Itīs all about looks and feeling ;]

    > well, i think the black Indys are the most impressive rebadged modeel.

    Hehe... how about a white Prime?

    http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/collection/1700.html

    It's probably the strangest one. Does btw. anybody know what the
    CDC 4D desksides did look like? Blueish like the Personal Iris?

    Gerhard

  4. Re: CDC / SGI

    Gerhard Lenerz wrote:

    > It's probably the strangest one. Does btw. anybody know what the
    > CDC 4D desksides did look like? Blueish like the Personal Iris?

    Blue-ish? All Personal Irii I've ever seen, including the CDC badged
    ones, were what I would call brown. Others would call them butt-ugly.

    This was before SGI decided to go with the designer colors - The
    Indigo still ranks as my favorite color/design.

    I've never seen a CDC 4D-big 'un. But they might have existed.

    --
    Greg Douglas
    http://www.reputable.com

  5. Re: CDC / SGI

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:16:05 -0700, Greg Douglas wrote:
    > Gerhard Lenerz wrote:
    >> It's probably the strangest one. Does btw. anybody know what the
    >> CDC 4D desksides did look like? Blueish like the Personal Iris?

    > Blue-ish? All Personal Irii I've ever seen, including the CDC badged
    > ones, were what I would call brown. Others would call them butt-ugly.

    All CD Personal Iris I've seen over here were in a color somewhere
    in the middle of the scale between gray and blue:

    http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/collection/1106.html (a "blue" one)
    http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/collection/1104.html (a "brown" one)

    > This was before SGI decided to go with the designer colors - The
    > Indigo still ranks as my favorite color/design.

    ACK. The Indigo 2 do look in reality much better than on most
    pictures - including SGIs own promotional pix.

    Gerhard

+ Reply to Thread