Graphics Options for OCTANE - SGI

This is a discussion on Graphics Options for OCTANE - SGI ; I recently purchased an older Octane, 195 MHz R10000 IP30 Graphics card is SI ( impactsr) Can anyone tell me if there is an option that would give me S-video and Composite Video Input, or must I move to an ...

  1. Graphics Options for OCTANE

    I recently purchased an older Octane, 195 MHz R10000 IP30
    Graphics card is SI ( impactsr)

    Can anyone tell me if there is an option that would give me S-video
    and Composite Video Input, or must I move to an O2

    Thanks

    Jim

  2. Re: Graphics Options for OCTANE

    James Casey wrote:

    > I recently purchased an older Octane, 195 MHz R10000 IP30
    > Graphics card is SI ( impactsr)
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if there is an option that would give me S-video
    > and Composite Video Input, or must I move to an O2

    Sure. It's called the Octane Personal Video (aka EVO), which
    will give you composite and Svideo in and out.

    They're fairly rare on the used market, and will cost about 5x
    what a low end O2 with the Analog Audio/Video module would cost.

    --
    Greg Douglas
    http://www.reputable.com

  3. Re: Graphics Options for OCTANE

    Neh I got mine for 200 inc dilivery.

    There much better than the O2 video option too. The O2 is boadering on
    being too slow for serious video work. Post-processing does take an age
    though on this system as it does the compresion on the cpu unlike the O2
    which has a hardware compresion engine. It on;y does uncompressed video
    then when you hit stop it compresses to what ever format you chose using
    the system resources.

    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Greg Douglas wrote:

    > James Casey wrote:
    >
    > > I recently purchased an older Octane, 195 MHz R10000 IP30
    > > Graphics card is SI ( impactsr)
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me if there is an option that would give me S-video
    > > and Composite Video Input, or must I move to an O2

    > Sure. It's called the Octane Personal Video (aka EVO), which
    > will give you composite and Svideo in and out.
    >
    > They're fairly rare on the used market, and will cost about 5x
    > what a low end O2 with the Analog Audio/Video module would cost.
    >

    > --
    > Greg Douglas
    > http://www.reputable.com

  4. Re: Graphics Options for OCTANE

    Thanks to Greg and Khalid for their observations

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread