Tram failed?? - SGI

This is a discussion on Tram failed?? - SGI ; Hi, I'm begining to think that my trams have failed in my ESI board on my Octane. When I'm using mplayer with the gl2 plugin all the colours are strange, they either have a purple wash to them or a ...

  1. Tram failed??

    Hi,
    I'm begining to think that my trams have failed in my ESI board on my
    Octane. When I'm using mplayer with the gl2 plugin all the colours are
    strange, they either have a purple wash to them or a green wash. It's like
    the video is being filtered through the colour (sorry thats so not a
    technical description).

    The last time I saw this was on my Onyx and that had bad RM's fitted. When
    I changed them all was well.

    Is this what happens when tram failed on Octanes or could it be a software
    problem? I've deleted /usr/local/etc/mplayer/ and removed mplayer 1.0pre3
    using inst and re-downloaded then installed it. All plays well with the
    x11 video output though. I'm using a dubble buffered display setting and
    have the line in my mplayer.conf that fixes the 24bit colour problem.

    Any ideas if this could be the culprit, my poor tram modules?

    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

  2. Re: Tram failed??

    Khalid Schofield wrote:
    > I'm begining to think that my trams have failed in my ESI board on my
    > Octane. When I'm using mplayer with the gl2 plugin all the colours are
    > strange, they either have a purple wash to them or a green wash. It's like
    > the video is being filtered through the colour (sorry thats so not a
    > technical description).

    Try giving '-vf format=RGB24' as argument to mplayer.
    Without this i have the same effects on my Octane. With this setting it
    works like a charm.

    See http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=1374 for details.

    HTH

    /Seb