MAXTOR ATLAS 10K-IV and Octane - SGI

This is a discussion on MAXTOR ATLAS 10K-IV and Octane - SGI ; Anyone had tried to install a MAXTOR ATLAS 10K-IV 36GB U320 10Krpm SCA Drive on an Octane?? It's possible to use this disk [SCA-2] with an Octane?? Many Thanks FEz...

  1. MAXTOR ATLAS 10K-IV and Octane

    Anyone had tried to install a MAXTOR ATLAS 10K-IV 36GB U320 10Krpm SCA Drive
    on an Octane??
    It's possible to use this disk [SCA-2] with an Octane??
    Many Thanks
    FEz

  2. Re: MAXTOR ATLAS 10K-IV and Octane

    HI,
    the.fez wrote:
    > Anyone had tried to install a MAXTOR ATLAS 10K-IV 36GB U320 10Krpm SCA Drive
    > on an Octane??
    > It's possible to use this disk [SCA-2] with an Octane??

    what is SCA-2, where have you heard that name??

    The disk should work fine, from what I know there is only one SCA, but
    it can be a diff, but aslong as you have SE(non diff( machine) it should
    work fine.

    /michael

  3. Re: MAXTOR ATLAS 10K-IV and Octane

    > + On 23-Feb-04 02:07:41
    +Michael Laajanen wrote

    >> Drive on an Octane?? It's possible to use this disk [SCA-2] with an
    >> Octane??

    >what is SCA-2, where have you heard that name??

    >The disk should work fine, from what I know there is only one SCA, but
    >it can be a diff, but aslong as you have SE(non diff( machine) it should
    >work fine.

    Wide SCSI with SCA connection is often called SCA2

    ...However they are very interchangeable, in both directions..

    --
    ___ | Email Shauni@bay-watch.com
    / __\ __ | Homepage http://www.canit.se/~glenn

+ Reply to Thread