PCI Adapter for SGI 1600SW monitor for PC/MAC - SGI

This is a discussion on PCI Adapter for SGI 1600SW monitor for PC/MAC - SGI ; I looked up a "multilink adapter" on google and a company named Sharper Technology came up in the highlighted area. They are selling an EP-1600SW (a PCI adapter to make the monitor work with a PC/MAC. My question: Has anyone ...

  1. PCI Adapter for SGI 1600SW monitor for PC/MAC

    I looked up a "multilink adapter" on google and a company named
    Sharper Technology came up in the highlighted area. They are selling
    an EP-1600SW (a PCI adapter to make the monitor work with a PC/MAC.

    My question:

    Has anyone purchased this item? If yes, is it worth the $255 to save
    my 1600SW monitor? I am a graphics intensive user, and hope to find
    out if this thing works well?

    Thanks

  2. Re: PCI Adapter for SGI 1600SW monitor for PC/MAC

    I didn't buy the EP-1600SW, but bought the GFX-1600SW Adapter from
    UltraFlex Inc back in January 04, I'm using a PC.

    http://www.ultraflexinc.com/gfx.html

    I've been extremely happy with it and would recommend it. It could be
    the same card you are talking about because the prices are both the
    same, $255.

    trail1979@hotmail.com (trail1979) wrote in message news:...
    > I looked up a "multilink adapter" on google and a company named
    > Sharper Technology came up in the highlighted area. They are selling
    > an EP-1600SW (a PCI adapter to make the monitor work with a PC/MAC.
    >
    > My question:
    >
    > Has anyone purchased this item? If yes, is it worth the $255 to save
    > my 1600SW monitor? I am a graphics intensive user, and hope to find
    > out if this thing works well?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: PCI Adapter for SGI 1600SW monitor for PC/MAC

    The PIX-Link Adapter is a Multilink Hardware with a Scaling engine inside.
    see at http://shop.pixsolution.com/catalog

    -Oliver