Help SGI o2 - SGI

This is a discussion on Help SGI o2 - SGI ; I am the proud owner of an SGI o2 machine, It has limited memory and being a neophyte to irix and sgi, I was wondering if there was anyone in the metro east St. Louis Mo. area that would be ...

  1. Help SGI o2

    I am the proud owner of an SGI o2 machine, It has limited memory and
    being a neophyte to irix and sgi, I was wondering if there was anyone in
    the metro east St. Louis Mo. area that would be willing to help me
    expand the machine and to teach me some basics to get me started.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Help SGI o2

    On Jul 3, 7:11 pm, rkoerper wrote:
    > I am the proud owner of an SGI o2 machine, It has limited memory and
    > being a neophyte to irix and sgi, I was wondering if there was anyone in
    > the metro east St. Louis Mo. area that would be willing to help me
    > expand the machine and to teach me some basics to get me started.
    > Thanks in advance.

    My site has a number of references which should help. For example,
    see:

    http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/o2/
    http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/sgi.html#ADMIN

    Cheers!

    Ian.

    SGI Depot: http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/sgidepot/
    Email: mapesdhs@yahoo.com (eBay ID: mapesdhs)
    Backup email (send copy to this too): sgidepot@blueyonder.co.uk
    Tel: +44 (0)131 476 0796

    SGI/Future Technology/N64: http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/

  3. Re: Help SGI o2

    mapesdhs wrote:
    > On Jul 3, 7:11 pm, rkoerper wrote:
    >
    >>I am the proud owner of an SGI o2 machine, It has limited memory and
    >>being a neophyte to irix and sgi, I was wondering if there was anyone in
    >>the metro east St. Louis Mo. area that would be willing to help me
    >>expand the machine and to teach me some basics to get me started.
    >>Thanks in advance.

    > My site has a number of references which should help. For example,
    > see:
    >
    > http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/o2/
    > http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/sgi.html#ADMIN
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > Ian.
    >
    > SGI Depot: http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/sgidepot/
    > Email: mapesdhs@yahoo.com (eBay ID: mapesdhs)
    > Backup email (send copy to this too): sgidepot@blueyonder.co.uk
    > Tel: +44 (0)131 476 0796
    >
    > SGI/Future Technology/N64: http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/

    Thanks I'll check it out

  4. Re: Help SGI o2

    On Jul 3, 1:11 pm, rkoerper wrote:
    > I am the proud owner of an SGI o2 machine, It has limited memory and
    > being a neophyte to irix and sgi, I was wondering if there was anyone in
    > the metro east St. Louis Mo. area that would be willing to help me
    > expand the machine and to teach me some basics to get me started.
    > Thanks in advance.

    I'm in St.louis, and I am waiting for my O2 to be shipped to me, and
    after I have had it for a while, I want to slap in a second drive, ad
    upgrade the processor to the max, and slap in the full gig of memory,
    but I've never used Irix before, and was wondering what software is
    available, and games and such.
    Nvg70

  5. Re: Help SGI o2

    poljot256 schrieb:
    > On Jul 3, 1:11 pm, rkoerper wrote:
    >> I am the proud owner of an SGI o2 machine, It has limited memory and
    >> being a neophyte to irix and sgi, I was wondering if there was anyone in
    >> the metro east St. Louis Mo. area that would be willing to help me
    >> expand the machine and to teach me some basics to get me started.
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > I'm in St.louis, and I am waiting for my O2 to be shipped to me, and
    > after I have had it for a while, I want to slap in a second drive, ad
    > upgrade the processor to the max, and slap in the full gig of memory,
    > but I've never used Irix before, and was wondering what software is
    > available, and games and such.

    A lot of opensource software also compiles and runs fine on IRIX. If
    your arent familiar with a compiler or want waste your time you can take
    a look to SGIs Freeware[1], Nekoware[2] or TheWrittenWord[3].

    [1] SGI IRIX Freeware (outdated)
    http://freeware.sgi.com/

    [2] Nekoware
    http://www.nekochan.net/downloads.php
    Main Mirror http://www.mechanics.citg.tudelft.nl/~everdij/nekoware/

    [3] The written word
    http://www.thewrittenword.com/

    regards
    Joerg

    --
    TakeNet GmbH, Geschaeftsfuehrer Wolfgang Meier
    97080 Wuerzburg Tel: +49 931 903-2243

+ Reply to Thread