uhexen - SGI

This is a discussion on uhexen - SGI ; Hi all, Does someone already have successfully compiled uhexen under irix ? i cant compile it without getting hose messages ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/nekoware/lib/libSDL.so is not used for resolving any symbol. ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/nekoware/lib/libSDL_mixer.so is not used for resolving ...

  1. uhexen

    Hi all,
    Does someone already have successfully compiled uhexen under irix ?
    i cant compile it without getting hose messages
    ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/nekoware/lib/libSDL.so is not used for resolving any symbol.
    ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/nekoware/lib/libSDL_mixer.so is not used for resolving any symbol.
    ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "mouse_scale_factor" -- 1st referenced by obj/mn_menu.o.
    Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos are loaded.
    ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "pow" -- 1st referenced by obj/i_sdlsound.o.
    Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos are loaded.
    ld32: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
    collect2: ld returned 2 exit status
    gmake: *** [uhexen] Error 1

    In my Makefile i do have
    SDL_INCLUDES=-I/usr/nekoware/include/SDL
    SDL_LIBS=- -L/usr/nekoware/lib
    EXTRA_INCLUDES=-I/usr/nekoware/include/SDL
    EXTRA_LIBS=-L/usr/local/kde/lib -L/usr/local/qt/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/nekoware/lib
    CFLAGS=-Iinclude -O2 -DNORMALUNIX $(SDL_INCLUDES) $(EXTRA_INCLUDES) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS)
    LIBS=-lSDL -lSDL_mixer
    LDFLAGS=$(SDL_LIBS) $(LIBS) $(EXTRA_LIBS)

    Does someone have an idea ?
    Thanks

  2. Re: uhexen

    In article <20061112155033.3e1b20fe.cisc@free.fr>,
    Johan SANCHEZ wrote:
    >ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "pow" -- 1st referenced by
    >obj/i_sdlsound.o.

    You need to include -lm in your link options, such as on your
    LIBS line.

  3. Re: uhexen

    On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:14:46 GMT
    roberson@hushmail.com (Walter Roberson) wrote:

    > In article <20061112155033.3e1b20fe.cisc@free.fr>,
    > Johan SANCHEZ wrote:
    > >ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "pow" -- 1st referenced by
    > >obj/i_sdlsound.o.

    > You need to include -lm in your link options, such as on your
    > LIBS line.

    thanks i done so
    There is no longer any complaints from either gcc or ld
    however the game crashes at start

    bash-2.05b# time ./uhexen
    Starting Hexen!
    Trace/BPT/RangeErr/DivZero/Ovflow trap (core dumped)

    real 0m0.349s
    user 0m0.008s
    sys 0m0.036s

    (gdb) run
    Starting program: /uhexen-0.601/uhexen
    warning: Signal ? does not exist on this system.

    any clue ?

  4. Re: uhexen

    Johan SANCHEZ schrieb:
    > On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:14:46 GMT
    > roberson@hushmail.com (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    >
    >> In article <20061112155033.3e1b20fe.cisc@free.fr>,
    >> Johan SANCHEZ wrote:
    >>> ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "pow" -- 1st referenced by
    >>> obj/i_sdlsound.o.

    >> You need to include -lm in your link options, such as on your
    >> LIBS line.

    > thanks i done so
    > There is no longer any complaints from either gcc or ld
    > however the game crashes at start
    >
    > bash-2.05b# time ./uhexen
    > Starting Hexen!
    > Trace/BPT/RangeErr/DivZero/Ovflow trap (core dumped)
    >
    > real 0m0.349s
    > user 0m0.008s
    > sys 0m0.036s
    >
    > (gdb) run
    > Starting program: /uhexen-0.601/uhexen
    > warning: Signal ? does not exist on this system.
    >
    > any clue ?

    It looks different if you choose the mipspro compiler

    ../uhexen
    Starting Hexen!
    V_Init: allocate screens.
    M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
    W_Init: Init WADfiles.
    Error: W_AddFile: fileinfo malloc failed

    Segmentation fault

    But i dont get a core file. This was uhexen-0.601. It links against the
    following libs:

    $ nekoprereq -s uhexen
    Start procesing with options at 22:36:50
    prereq (
    x_eoe.sw.eoe 1289624220 maxint
    dmedia_eoe.sw.audio 1289624220 maxint
    eoe.sw.base 1289624220 maxint
    compiler_eoe.sw.lib 1279635810 maxint
    neko_sdl.sw.lib 7 maxint
    neko_sdl_mixer.sw.lib 4 maxint
    neko_libiconv.sw.lib 2 maxint
    neko_libmikmod.sw.lib 1 maxint
    neko_libogg.sw.lib 1 maxint
    neko_libvorbis.sw.lib 1 maxint
    )

    Stop processing: Found 10 packages in 5.809 seconds.

    For compiling you have to edit the Makefile, remove the carriage return,
    and add the missing alloca.h header.

    regards
    Joerg

    --
    TakeNet GmbH http://www.takenet.de
    97080 Wuerzburg Tel: +49 931 903-2243

  5. Re: uhexen

    On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:40:32 +0100
    Joerg Behrens wrote:

    > Johan SANCHEZ schrieb:
    > > On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:14:46 GMT
    > > roberson@hushmail.com (Walter Roberson) wrote:

    > >> You need to include -lm in your link options, such as on your
    > >> LIBS line.

    > > thanks i done so
    > > There is no longer any complaints from either gcc or ld
    > > however the game crashes at start
    > >
    > > bash-2.05b# time ./uhexen
    > > Starting Hexen!
    > > Trace/BPT/RangeErr/DivZero/Ovflow trap (core dumped)
    > >
    > > real 0m0.349s
    > > user 0m0.008s
    > > sys 0m0.036s
    > >
    > > (gdb) run
    > > Starting program: /uhexen-0.601/uhexen
    > > warning: Signal ? does not exist on this system.
    > >
    > > any clue ?

    > It looks different if you choose the mipspro compiler
    >
    > ./uhexen
    > Starting Hexen!
    > V_Init: allocate screens.
    > M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
    > W_Init: Init WADfiles.
    > Error: W_AddFile: fileinfo malloc failed
    >
    > Segmentation fault
    >

    > But i dont get a core file. This was uhexen-0.601. It links against the
    > following libs:
    >
    > $ nekoprereq -s uhexen
    > Start procesing with options at 22:36:50
    > prereq (
    > x_eoe.sw.eoe 1289624220 maxint
    > dmedia_eoe.sw.audio 1289624220 maxint
    > eoe.sw.base 1289624220 maxint
    > compiler_eoe.sw.lib 1279635810 maxint
    > neko_sdl.sw.lib 7 maxint
    > neko_sdl_mixer.sw.lib 4 maxint
    > neko_libiconv.sw.lib 2 maxint
    > neko_libmikmod.sw.lib 1 maxint
    > neko_libogg.sw.lib 1 maxint
    > neko_libvorbis.sw.lib 1 maxint
    > )
    >
    > Stop processing: Found 10 packages in 5.809 seconds.
    >

    > For compiling you have to edit the Makefile, remove the carriage return,
    > and add the missing alloca.h header.

    Hi ,
    thanks for the tip i tried with this unfortunately without success yet.
    ldd doesn't show any missing library and the game still crashes
    has someone compiled it then ran it successfully ?

+ Reply to Thread