IRIX On Logout script - SGI

This is a discussion on IRIX On Logout script - SGI ; Hello, I am running IRIX 6.5 and would like to be able to run a script to kill some processes every time a user logs out. Is this possible? I tried adding to .bash_profile but that didn't work. I also ...

  1. IRIX On Logout script

    Hello,

    I am running IRIX 6.5 and would like to be able to run a script to kill
    some processes every time a user logs out. Is this possible? I tried
    adding to .bash_profile but that didn't work. I also tried putting a
    trap in one of the startup scripts but "trap" is apparently not
    recognized. Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Dan

  2. Re: IRIX On Logout script

    In article <1163175107.280764.23910@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.c om>, "Dan" writes:
    > I am running IRIX 6.5 and would like to be able to run a script to kill
    > some processes every time a user logs out. Is this possible? I tried
    > adding to .bash_profile but that didn't work. I also tried putting a
    > trap in one of the startup scripts but "trap" is apparently not
    > recognized. Any ideas?

    Provided the user really does have a bash shell (on IRIX (t)csh is the
    default AFAIR) you can try $HOME/.bash_logout.

    HTH,
    Akos

  3. Re: IRIX On Logout script

    Dan wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am running IRIX 6.5 and would like to be able to run a script to kill
    > some processes every time a user logs out. Is this possible? I tried
    > adding to .bash_profile but that didn't work.

    The .bash_profile file is only read at log in time. You said you wanted
    it run at logout, so the correct file is .bash_logout. (See the bash
    man page for further information.)

    But the default shell on IRIX is csh not bash! Are you sure the users
    in question are actually using bash?

  4. Re: IRIX On Logout script

    Sorry, what I meant to say was that I had already tried .bash_logout
    with no success. Any other ideas?

    Thanks,
    Dan

    John-Paul Stewart wrote:
    > Dan wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am running IRIX 6.5 and would like to be able to run a script to kill
    > > some processes every time a user logs out. Is this possible? I tried
    > > adding to .bash_profile but that didn't work.

    > The .bash_profile file is only read at log in time. You said you wanted
    > it run at logout, so the correct file is .bash_logout. (See the bash
    > man page for further information.)
    >
    > But the default shell on IRIX is csh not bash! Are you sure the users
    > in question are actually using bash?

+ Reply to Thread